SOME NEW RATINGS. EARLY ONES

navyman

I was looking thru John Stacey's newer version Rating badge book. On page 8 there is a picture of a old style eagle with this style of chevrons.

Yes, I can now see I did a poor job with that little paragraph. I was not trying to poke at the chevrons, but use the them as part of a hypothetical example of how you sometimes have to consider the individual parts of something separately.

I think if I had added the anchor in the mix too, my example might have been clearer....but there would have been even less chance of confusion had I not used this rate at all. My point was to use it to help answer David's question, not to stir things up again.

Yes, I can now see I did a poor job with that little paragraph. I was not trying to poke at the chevrons, but use the them as part of a hypothetical example of how you sometimes have to consider the individual parts of something separately.

I think if I had added the anchor in the mix too, my example might have been clearer....but there would have been even less chance of confusion had I not used this rate at all. My point was to use it to help answer David's question, not to stir things up again.

Sorry, did not point that comment at you. Just want to add that to this thread. I know some think the chevron don't look rite or don't belong, but I have seen other examples like this.

I have not add this on my website because I am not 100% sure either way.

I have not add this on my website because I am not 100% sure either way.

I think you should add it to your site, that way somebody might see it and have something to add that locks this one down.