Brig General USMC Jacket interior tag

FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35

Greetings. Hope everyone is well. I habe the chance to acquire a marine brig general uniform . Inside the uniform is this tag. I am curious as to if the tag is legit. I would have thought such a high ranking guy would have a private purchase uniform. Thank you.

post-3581-0-16176100-1420316004.jpg

FightenIrish35

Thank you fellas. Why would it read Coat on the tag when it is a jacket? In the upper left corner it is typed "jacket" and AUS type. I just assume a coat is like an overcoat compared to an ike jacket style tunic.

Thank you fellas. Why would it read Coat on the tag when it is a jacket? In the upper left corner it is typed "jacket" and AUS type. I just assume a coat is like an overcoat compared to an ike jacket style tunic.

Because the only people that would get wrapped up around it being a "coat", "jacket", or "tunic" are collectors. :D

It was probably a generic tag for a coat and then clarified it for being a jacket.

Unless there's some strange sewing on the tag, I again have no issue with it.

CNY Militaria

Because the only people that would get wrapped up around it being a "coat", "jacket", or "tunic" are collectors. :D

It was probably a generic tag for a coat and then clarified it for being a jacket.

+1

This is not true, the Army dose actually define coat and jacket, I am not sure about the Marines but they are even more picky than the Army so I bet they make the distinction too. A coat covers the hips and a jacket stops at the waist, the long four pocket uniform is the Service Coat while short version is an Ike Jacket. Before someone says "Well the Field jacket is long" remember it had its origin in the M-41 which was short and the name stuck. Also there is no such thing as a Tunic that is purely a collectors term. Just as a point of interest there is also a difference between a cap and a hat. The cap has a bill as in a service cap or a fatigue cap and a hat has a brim as in a campaign hat. Of course this all gets quite muddied and you will see incorrect references used even by the Army. And so ends my nit picking for the day.