Color of jump boots worn in Korea during the war.

I can't answer your question specifically other than I doubt seriously they were black during the Korean War. When I entered service in 1953 I remember well the session we had scrubbing down our brown boots to dye and polish them to cordovan. For what it's worth. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

The 187th did wear jump boots in the Korean war and they were brown. However these were in limited numbers. Most of these boots were private purchase in Japan while on occupation duty. This information was from several 187th troopers I have known and spoke to. Most were on occupation duty in Japan when they moved to Korea. Those troopers on occupation duty that wore their jump boots brought them with them to Korea. Other 187th members, and the large majority of them wore the regular suede combat service boots with the double buckles.

The other well know pair of boots worn were the Boot, service, combat, Russet. This boot was adopted in 1948 and it resembled the WW2 paratrooper jump boots. It was a high leather boot with a cap toe and was fully laced and it provided very good ankle support, but this was not available on a large scale and was only issued to a few units.

Most of the pictures seen of 187th troopers have a mix of jump boots, double buckle boots, and some photos show the troopers with the russet brown boots.

If I can find some of my pictures I will post them for you.

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I can also confirm that jump boots and or combat boots were on the packing list for the Sukchon airborne drop. I have an original copy of the complete operations order for the jump and the packing list mentions both boots, combat or prcht (parachute) (paratrooper)

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif