Salvage Sailor's USN Collection - "it just followed me home"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are standard issue to all Naval Vessels from pre-WWII to present day. They list the complete assignments of sailors by Billet in their respective Divisions to their Battle, Watch, Operational & Emergency stations in complete detail.

They were posted in the Divisional areas and constantly updated. It is every sailor's duty to know it by heart. This is a close up of the left side of the board

IMG_3651.JPG

I've got no business at all making any sort of a comment about anything Naval, so I'll make a comment anyway as a gesture of enthusiastic empathy.

These are really great stuff! bravo.gif

Thanks Bluehawk,

Ditto on your aviation collection. I'll be posting some naval aviation items and USAAF eventually.

Dan,

Do you want the mid-watch so you can sleep in for morning quarters?

PS - I'll be posting more plaques soon thumbsup.gif

Okay, there it is Watch, Quarter & Station Bill...let's see, for GQ or Repel Boarders I go to...

Thanks,

-dan

Book Link: U.S. Navy Tailor-Made Dress Blues, Liberty Cuffs, and Sailor Folk Art

Wanted: USN Liberty Cuffs, vintage bullion rating badges, pre-1914 rating badges and vintage USN Police style Badges.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2007.gif

• 10 years later...

Salvage Dude, fellow Hoo Yah deep sea kinda guy here; Sorry to correct as you be a moderator and I'm just an FNG . . . But up a few pages you said, for GQ movements; up and forward on the port side . . . OOPS!! It's up and forward on the starboard side, down and aft on port. BPO MM1(SW/DV)

Now, let me say, nice collection. I will have to get mine all together and take a picture of it. WWII Battle lanterns, Teak from USS Missouri's quarterdeck, MK-V dive knives, A Mk-1 mask (used to have an old KMB-10, but I sold it). I've also got a bunch of WWII stuff that belonged to my wife's father, a Navy F6F-3N (night fighter) pilot, including his backgammon set. Oh, and I have a sample of USS Arizona's fuel oil, that I collected while on a dive on the wreck.

Holy Cats! 10 plus years gone by since I've posted this stuff and I never did open up the seabags or pull out my boarding party web gear.

I'll get to that in the next decade or so........

Carry on

Thanks! I've been turning a nice shade of blue holding my breath waiting to see what's in those seabags!

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif