RCA Scope Type 1

BrianS

I found this forum by doing a search on Infrared scopes used during WW-II, found a thread on an RCA Type C-3 scope, made for the Navy. Much more about Infrared in WW-II is on the web now than when looking years ago about this item. I've had it for 30 years. This is an RCA Scope Type 1,

15955059987_2eb8e4684f_z.jpgInfrared Scope Type C-1

made on the same contract. Looks to be a design model, no where near as rugged as the Type 3- would not have held up under use.

15953522140_6752e45741_z.jpgInfrared Scope Type C-1 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

My Dad was in B-29s at Tinian, 462d Bombardment Group. I had an Uncle in the Navy, Marines, and immediate post-WWII Army in tanks. My Dad went with the Army after the Split of the USAAF, Tanks and then Airborne instructor. We had a lot of Tales of WW-II when dad and his brothers got together. When visiting the Marine Museum at Quantico, I let the Iwo Jima veteran know they count my Dad 11 times when telling how many B-29 crew were saved by taking that piece of rock.

I'm an avid camera collector and enthusiast, but also have picked up a small collection of military items. Sometimes the two coincide,

http://www.leicaplace.com/showthread.php?t=185

An article written about David Douglas Duncan and the Nikkor lenses he used during Korea.