Quinn paratrooper jump boots

jonesy1275

These arrived today. I believe they are wartime issue but I've never heard of Quinn. I'd appreciate peoples thoughts on them. They have US Army on the sole.

post-72146-0-35515200-1420038903.jpg

Neil.

I had a better look with a light source and they are actually manufactured by the International Shoe Co. Dated 28 December 1942.
The 'Quinn USA' stamp on the inside of the tongue might be the surname of the original owner.

post-72146-0-14230600-1420058507.jpg

post-72146-0-82256900-1420109436.jpg

I think it is a surname name. I'm very pleased with these boots now. Especially being 1942 dated too. Nice and early.

Hello,

Nice boots! The "Quinn USA" is the quality control inspector's acceptance stamp. On the back of the tongue is where it is usually found on WWII era US Army shoes and boots when it happened to be applied. Its is interesting that the International Shoe Company contract stamps seem to be the only manufacturer markings you see on WWII jump boots. It's either that or unmarked, but with the US Army marked taps, and the usual round of inspection marks. I think once I saw a pair with the alphabet letter manufacturer code "W" for J F Corcoran Shoe Co., but that's about it. Was wondering if anyone else has seen any of these boots with other manufacturer stamps in them other than International shoe co? : )

Chris