Did the Army Air Corps ever use Roughout Service Shoes?

Did Army Air Corps soldiers, specifically non-aircrewmen, and Army personnel attached to the Air Corps, ever use/get issued Roughout Service Shoes? I haven't been able to find any clear photographic, or written, evidence of this, and was wondering if anyone on the forum might know. From the photos I seen, it seems to me that the Type II Service Shoe was the most prevalent boot/shoe issued to Army Air Corps personnel, followed by the Double Buckle Boot/Combat Boot.

Secondly, if a soldier was attached to an Army Air Corps unit, would they be issued equipment/clothing from the Army Air Corps supply chain or the regular Army supply chain? And, would this change if a soldier went from stateside duty to being attached to an Army Air Corps unit that was already overseas?

are these the boots your looking for?

Page 1.jpg

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

As far as uniforms, dress, field/fatique and personel gear like web gear etc, the Army Air Corps being a part of the Army then, a Branch, would have the exact same issue, and be issued I imagine from the same Quartermaster sources It was only in items unique to the AC's mission that would differ from the standard issue and would not be issued to the other Branches of the Army, these would be flight gear, and a few unique items for work, for instance, those OD HBT mechanics caps and such.

As to the roughout service boot, I would image they were used, especially by AC ground personel on the continent after Normandy.

Looks like roughly 3 out of 4 Air Force men in the PTO wore roughouts as well! :D

This is a shot of four guys from the 110th Aerial Recon Squadron of the 5th AF. I always thought the fella on the right had some sweet looking sneakers. Wonder what the story is on them?

post-9670-0-76605400-1419890443.jpg

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Thank you all for the very informative, and timely, responses. Garandomatic, that's another thing I noticed when it came to Army Air Corps, and attached, personnel: civilian/private purchase footwear.

Here's a photo of the 16th Photographic Technical Unit, who were attached to the Army Air Force: (Note the Double Buckle Boots, and what appears to be civilian dress shoes on the man sitting on the brick railing on the left.)

672.jpg

PTO sir

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

Thank you all for the very informative, and timely, responses. Garandomatic, that's another thing I noticed when it came to Army Air Corps, and attached, personnel: civilian/private purchase footwear.

Here's a photo of the 16th Photographic Technical Unit, who were attached to the Army Air Force: (Note the Double Buckle Boots, and what appears to be civilian dress shoes on the man sitting on the brick railing on the left.)

672.jpg

I would say those are low quarters, either actual Army issue or private purchase, private purchase in the strickest sense being civilian non government contract, but fitting basic requirements for Military use, ie the prescribed color for that particular Branch of the Armed Forces, and I would imagine non shiny hardware if any.