Unexpected Christmas gift

Pink181

I received an awesome gift from my father for Christmas this year. My father is a long time antique dealer (30+ years) I call him the orginal "American Picker". He always has his eye out for things that intrest me comic books, Harley Davidson items and some militaira. Back in November I was looking at one of the sale bills for a local auction he attends regulary and seen a captured Japanese flag with paper work and some comc books on the sale bill. So I stopped by the sale barn and checked out the comic books, but could not find the flag. I called my dad and told him what I wanted to spend on the comics and told him that I was interested in the flag and shot a low price limit on it. I called him back that evening and found out that I didnt get anything I was interested in, because things were selling very well and over priced since there was a lot of dealers there from the new hippster "West Bottoms" antique area of Kansas City (the old Kansas City Stock yards located on the west side of the city).

Jump ahead to Christmas morning. I opened a small box from and dad and see the photos for the contents

post-1400-0-67351800-1419704803.jpg

# 5 - Letter stating that "Marion C. Souder - ASN 37528547" from the 105th Infantry Company G could mail home "1 Japanese Flag" dated July 22 1943 and signed by 1st LT Gaspard O Picard

post-1400-0-70533100-1419705460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...