A Box Full of Patches and...

Proud Kraut

Offered in a total wrong section (housewares) of a local online advertising journal my wife found a box of assorted insignia incidentally. Although I quit collecting patches a while ago I've had much fun while going through the box sorting and trying to ID the unknown ones. I think I still need a little help here, since I never was in collecting Air Force patches and found several of them in the box.

So this is what I found among other things under the christmas tree:

PB2.jpg

#6 top left- 76th TFS 'Vanguards'. Part of the 23rd TFW England AFB

#6 top right- 510th TFS

#3 top row way to the right is a German Labor Force, post-WW2.

62nd SPS is 62nd Security Police Sq.I think part of the 62nd MIlitary Airlift WG.Security Police Squadron becme Force Protection but not sure when.I think late 90's?

62nd SPS is 62nd Security Police Sq.I think part of the 62nd MIlitary Airlift WG.Security Police Squadron becme Force Protection but not sure when.I think late 90's?

Thank you very much, firefighter! It were exactly these 7 patches depicted in post # 5 & 6 I couldn't ID yet.

The metal insignia found in the box:

Met1.jpg

Thank you guys! Here are the colored Army patches, everything well known:

Could this CAFB 91 insignia (bottom row) one of these swimming pool patches? "C...Air Force Base 1991"????

FP.jpg

Thank you guys! Here are the colored Army patches, everything well known:

Could this CAFB 91 insignia (bottom row) one of these swimming pool patches? "C...Air Force Base 1991"????

Most likely. Carswell AFB comes to mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Air_Station_Joint_Reserve_Base_Fort_Worth

I think there is a Swedish patch in the lot as well, the dark blue woven one with crossed swords. The round maroon one is a Polish parachute unit

Yep, several patches from different countries. I will send you a scan of the Scandinavian ones, maybe you can give a little help ID'ing them.

Lars

Nice pick up.Any way we can get some pics of the fire badges?

Sure, don't know if the cloth patch is U.S. Are the metal badges worn with the helmets?

FF.jpg

The patch looks like a German FD patch which may go with badge on the right.They look like shirt badges.Whats on the back? Nice looking badges.

The patch looks like a German FD patch which may go with badge on the right.They look like shirt badges.Whats on the back? Nice looking badges.

Here you are, firefighter. No pins etc. visible. I have NO idea how they were worn and how they were fixed on the uniform or helmet....

FF4.jpg

#3... top right... if memory serves, that is worn by German civilians (similar to our GS employees) who work for the Security Forces Squadrons.