Medals Stolen from Widow of a Fallen Marine

collectsmedals

collectsmedals

This was on our local News this evening and I am totally disgusted. The Purple Heart should be named. If it turns up please notify the police.

The Purple Heart and Achievement Medal of Marine Corporal Christopher Bordini were stolen from his Widow's home in Wilmington North Carolina. Corporal Bordini was 21 years old when he was Killed in Action in Afghanistan in 2012.

The thieves also stole the families Christmas presents among other items.

CNY Militaria

Please keep this thread focused on locating the stolen medals. Comments about violence toward any potential suspect is unnecessary.

This is the town over from me, and we're a military town. He'd be stupid to try to peddle them here. Maybe I should put out an ad on Craigslist, lot of meth heads in the region, they may fall for it if they did it.

That said, why would his medal be named? That practice was ceased during Vietnam. Did the article say they were privately engraved?

collectsmedals

This is the town over from me, and we're a military town. He'd be stupid to try to peddle them here. Maybe I should put out an ad on Craigslist, lot of meth heads in the region, they may fall for it if they did it.

That said, why would his medal be named? That practice was ceased during Vietnam. Did the article say they were privately engraved?

I didn't know they stopped naming KIA Purple Hearts.