M43 folding shovel cover British Made?

WWII_GI

Thank you all, you've been a great help with this cover. I had never seen anything like before it so I took a chance, hopefully I will be able to return it.

Thanks again

-Steven

Andrew,

The shovel cover picture I post dosen't look anything like the ones you posted? The picture I posted looks the same as the first pattern US M43 shovel cover with the non adjustable back hook. The first photo you posted has the British type buckle on the back and second photo is made from a rubberized material with the second type adjustable hook pattern as used on the M43 US shovel covers so were is the exact same post war shovel cover you are talking about?

the rivets types used are different as well on these you posted.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I never said that I had a Belgian cover that looks exactly like the one you posted, I said I had one that looks like the cover that texasbucfan posted.

I posted these images to give some further context to the cover that texasbucfan originally started the thread with, since his cover is clearly a modified Belgian cover that someone has tried to pass off as 'British' made.

I think that the consensus about the cover that you posted, which does indeed resemble the first pattern US M43 cover, is that the investigation remains open until someone discovers some new information about it.

Thanks,

Andrew