VIETNAM AF beret flash?

STONEY

Vietnam AF guys,

This flash appears of US Manufacture and not in country. My dilemma is, I can't find this beret flash listed in any Air Force websites. The unit YES, the flash/patch NO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

post-154475-0-57738600-1419291424.jpg

Thanks Bob,

No definitely not Asian. Guess I should have asked is the beret flash legit for use by the AF ? It's unlike any others I've researched.

Thanks, Stoner

Never seen a flash or unit iD like that.The only AF airborne qualified AFSC's are Pararescue(red berets), TACP(Blue), & Combat Weather(I think black or tan).

I was thinking Combat Security Police but the 821st SPS is in Thule, Greenland.And not sure why a SP unit would be A/B qualified.

Beret was being offered as Vietnam era when I asked seller. I know it isn't current for sure, but looking at all the VN era flashes the Security Police wore, this isn't one of them.

Hey it's a flash, and flashes Stoney likes :D

The 821st Combat Security Police Squadron was stationed at Phan Rang Air Base, Vietnam from 1968 to 1971. The 821st Security Police Squadron was stationed at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota from 1967 to 1972, attached to the 821st Air Division. I think the 821st SPS personnel from Ellsworth did 197 day TDY rotations to the 821st CSPS in Phan Rang? For the flash I do not know if they wore it, but I would think the 821st CSPS would have worn the blue Safe Side flash on the dark blue beret.

Mark

I dont think this is from the 821st CSPS..If it is someone had it made...All I have ever seen is 821st CSPS not C.S.P. 821 ..I cant think of a time I have ever seen the numbers behind the type of Squadron in the USAF..The 821st was not jump qualified as far as I can tell..

I dont think this is from the 821st CSPS..If it is someone had it made...All I have ever seen is 821st CSPS not C.S.P. 821 ..I cant think of a time I have ever seen the numbers behind the type of Squadron in the USAF..The 821st was not jump qualified as far as I can tell..

Yeah, definitely an odd ball for sure.

I figure just a novelty item. Lord knows there's enough out there.