Couple of visors

8MM

Found these recently-

First one looks to be a "semi-crusher" (I dont know what the current PC term for these are,sorry!!)

Never had a stiffening wire,and I cant even find any indication of chinstrap ever being on it.

No markings anywhere

Second is a weird one to me..it looks like an officer visor,with an enisted cap device?

Its much higher quality,has had the stiffener removed and the celluloid maker tag thing is gone

I dont know a whole lot about these yet,but Im quickly becoming obsessed with US visors

post-109734-0-10807400-1419276933.jpg

post-109734-0-56405700-1419276956.jpg

Nice finds. I can barely make out the emblem on the second one. Is it a warrant officers visor?

Semper Fi

Phil

I don't know..Im less than amateur at this game!

Here is the front.I never considered that it could be warrant officer,butcould make sense.

It looks like the eagle has been there since the beginning.

post-109734-0-26426400-1419355103.jpg

That first one looks almost as if it was never finished or something...very odd indeed

How so?

I know nothing about these,but would like to learn,as I am getting very interested in them.

Can you elaborate?

your first cap is just missing the chin strap and the side buttons with the wires on them. These were often removable so you could wear either the wool top in the winter with the service uniform or wear the khaki top in the summer with the khaki shirt and pants. The second cap looks post ww2 in my thinking as it has a different style main central band and the material is more in line with what you see post World War 2 and into the fifties.

Both are enlisted service caps.

your first cap is just missing the chin strap and the side buttons with the wires on them. These were often removable so you could wear either the wool top in the winter with the service uniform or wear the khaki top in the summer with the khaki shirt and pants. The second cap looks post ww2 in my thinking as it has a different style main central band and the material is more in line with what you see post World War 2 and into the fifties.

Both are enlisted service caps.

You're right!

Upon closer inspection,it is dated 1946!!!

Thanks for the heads up.I think I paid $20 for it,so no big loss.

Is it even worth that ,being postwar?

Unfortunately,I have very limited space,and do not want to use up what little I have with anything questionable.

It's now on the chopping block.

Thank you everyone