The new Beretta M9A3

gunbarrel

That old phrase about "polish something or other and it's now just a polished something or other" comes to mind. Just Beretta trying to stop a competition from happening... If they made it a G model (decocker only, not that the military will stand for that) or at least moved the safety from the slide to the frame, and actually fixed the locking block issues, it might be okay.

It makes sense from a logistical stand point... Kind of... Being as it uses same mags in the system already (most issued mags are garbage, and people like myself usually end up buying their own) and the few M9A1 holsters that are in the system.

It'll make good Officer and Fobbit hip candy though.

hello,

I don't see the point with this new handgun. The beretta is still too heavy and with a 15 or 17 or 20 or 30 rounds mags, it worst. However I used to have the 92FS for many years and it was a reliable gun.

Thanks for the link

There is nothing wrong with the M9 other then perhaps it's size.... and we already have the M11 for those who the size presents a problem.

The problem with the M9 is they haven't been maintained for CRAP. They are still the same pistols they ordered in the mid 80s. They have been abused hard and issued with replacement magazines that caused issues.

On top of that, The 9MM FMJ round requires precise shot placement. Most POGs and FOBITs are lucky to get 100 rounds to shoot for training, some of them none. The pistol has a steep learning curve.

The 1911 used to get BADMOUTHED to hell in the early 80s, Why? because the same thing, they were the same ole WWII guns that had been issued and abused for decades!

I think the Germans have the right idea with issuing the MP7 as a PDW.

IMHO there was nothing wrong with 1911A1. I wouldn't shoot a dog in the rump with a 9mm. The USMC had the right idea as the spent $21 Million

and bought every one a new 1911A something or other. Those are awesome weapons!

IMHO there was nothing wrong with 1911A1. I wouldn't shoot a dog in the rump with a 9mm. The USMC had the right idea as the spent $21 Million

and bought every one a new 1911A something or other. Those are awesome weapons!

While in Afghanistan, we were co-located with a MARSOC unit. They had the new widget pistol with the fancy grips and cool new color. Within two months, they were already looking beat to hell, the finish is for crap and it was shinier than the worst M9 I've ever seen. They were having a helluva time getting .45 rounds because it isn't a regular issue round anymore. Not that 9mm is any easier to find. We were only given two mags worth of ammo because 9mm is in short supply. Don't know how that happens, ammo is in short supply in a mature 12 year combat zone? Damned DHS.

Actually, it was that way as well in 2010 when I was in Iraq. Even the SF guys were short of 9mm. When we did our show and tell with weapons, we were only given one stick magazine for the Sten, shameful.