WAITING A LONG TIME FOR THIS PATCH... USN HARBOR NET TENDER

navyman

Hi guys,

Last weekend I stumble across this ebay auction for this patch with 30 mins left to go. A forum member was kind of enough to send me pictures of a real one a while back so I knew what to look for . Thanks again Bob C. It looks like this was taken off a jumper. This was on my list for over 15 years. Got it at a great price too.

post-2501-0-00709400-1419174762.jpg

post-2501-0-95331600-1419174760.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool. I have one, but am 110% sure it is a reproduction. Now I know what to look for when I am ready to spend more than $3.00.

Not to sound uneducated, but what patch is that? I see USN harbor net tender but am not sure what that is. Very nice looking patch though!

Garth Thompson

Not to sound uneducated, but what patch is that? I see USN harbor net tender but am not sure what that is. Very nice looking patch though!

Probably the scarcest WW2 US Navy patch used by the crews of small ships that opened, closed and did maintenance of the underwater submarine defense nets at the entrances to harbors.

Probably the scarcest WW2 US Navy patch used by the crews of small ships that opened, closed and did maintenance of the underwater submarine defense nets at the entrances to harbors.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...