Natick Labs Experiment ALICE Pouch

PriorityOne

The only thing that makes me think they are not related is that Experimental pouch has an "Alice Style" suspenders eyelet. This only came along in the mid early 70s (1972/1973)

I have only ever seen that suspender eyelet on Ammo pouches....also the type of Nylon used in that experimental pouch screams later on, it's not the green shade they used on the late 60s nylon.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Good points, the eyelet makes sense it could be later on, but remember buttpacks had these eyelets. This being a large pouch may of had eyelets for the same reason buttpacks have them. The nylon and webbing could be scrap just to test the design and the function, not nessisarily what the pouch may look like in the final stages. That's just a bunch of thoughts I had.

I agree PriorityOne - it is possible that your pouch is a trials version for the battery case. It is possible that some of the features were changed or omitted when the pouch went into production. I don't think we can rule out a relationship simply because the eyelet tab is omitted or the rear webbing is different. Consider, for example, differences between experimental M1956 webbing and the actual production items.

Once I can take some measurements of my battery pouch, it might rule out a relationship, or add evidence of one. I am certainly not insisting the pouches are related, only that they have some things in common.

More over the natick label screams 80s/90s. I need to dig it out. But somewhere I have a mid to late 90s load bearing vest NSN

6532-01-446-2594

For medics that has a similar label, need to dig it out.