Armored Cavalry SSI - Vietnam ?

Demon lord

Hi all,

thanks for your answer.

If anyone knew what means "ITV" and what is the sign under the M901, it would perhaps advanced identification?

Jérôme

Don't know about the patch, maybe a contractor patch from one of the companies that made the M901?

In any event. Here's a good page on it. I think I got a picture of this vehicle that I took at Ft Hood in 1980, have to look.

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1213.html

My error, photo does not show a M901, rather it shows a TOW mounted M113, mounted in the troop hatch, as seen here.

post-34986-0-07524700-1419186855.jpg

Hi,

In wikipedia:

But no information about my patch and i'm pretty sure that it's an american patch

As others have said and implied, it is for the vehicle and not a for or worn by a specific unit.

This patch was not intended to be worn on a uniform. These were promotional items made when this system was issued to the Army. Most likely when a unit (ANY unit) first received these tracks they sent soldiers to training on how to use and maintain them. This training was likely done by the civilian contractors who likely handed out these patches at that time as a souviner.

This patch is actually somewhat common.

The symbol in blue is for Emerson Electric, who made part of the TOW launch or guidance system. If you look in the middle of the structure for the missile launcher, you will see the lense of the sight. This was designed so the operator could fire the missile while still inside the vehicle.

The symbol in blue is for Emerson Electric, who made part of the TOW launch or guidance system. If you look in the middle of the structure for the missile launcher, you will see the lense of the sight. This was designed so the operator could fire the missile while still inside the vehicle.

Right you are, at first I thought it was the Emerson who made stereos, guitars and stuff, but they are two very different firms.

This on the patch is apparently their older logo.

post-34986-0-89922300-1419223844.jpg