factory goofs

Phantomf4

• 1 month later...

My favorite factory error. Not a phantom unit, not planned, just a dyslectic Shiffli machine (like the "471st" armor woolie), The border is incomplete, too. 

AMDCORPS006 C.jpg

Another example I have of a worn error patch. Really wonder if no one ever noticed this one! Had to have gone thru a uniform inspection a few times at least!

errorpatch1.jpg

errorpatch2.jpg

23 hours ago, lamarhooten said:

Another example I have of a worn error patch. Really wonder if no one ever noticed this one! Had to have gone thru a uniform inspection a few times at least!

errorpatch1.jpg

errorpatch2.jpg

Good one, this is only the second one where a error patch is actually sewn to a period uniform item.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BILL THE PATCH
12 hours ago, patches said:

What, did you buy this one at Kurt's back in 1974 Billy! 1455389597_emoticonsmile.png.9efeaa2b3f4613a29cf1185919332f82.png

Haha, remember the box he had all 11th Abn's must have been hundreds all factory goofs. 

• 1 month later...

Two blown subdued Cav patches, don't think these were specifically made flat edges, but botched and cast aside before they received their merrowed edges.

cav eroooor.jpg

cav error.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
lamarhooten

Here are two 'error' patches that are valuable to some as a variation of the standard version. Backward design or reverse color placement.  The bottom one, the "Ground Headquarters Reserve" has the blue and red colors reversed. Notice the red border of the white center section. Normally it is blue and is this way on 99% of the ones I have seen. The 23rd/Americal has the stars in a backward or right design versus a left facing design.

Scan_20221006.jpg

lamarhooten

Here is another reversed design color error. Not a patch you see too often either way. Notice the size/style and design of the flames. The black and red are reversed.

Scan_20221124 (2).jpg

Here's a double goof. Not only is it missing some embr, the unit ID is incorrect. It should be the 279th RCT (45th ID, OKNG) during the Korean War. Interesting that it's US made.

KW RCT279 RAIDER PLT.JPG