WAR CORRESPONDENT CUT DOWN

Costa

guys--- I took a chance on this item. a cut down class a. as I said I took a chance and know little about those who were in this area of service. it came off upay of course #141501767137.

your opinions would be greatfully accepted.

post-73-0-79516200-1418752097.jpg

Looks OK, the only thing that had me puzzled was the ordnance collar brass, but I have a photographer's jacket with infantry brass, so anything's possible. Make sure to ask the seller if any of the photo albums are from the same estate -- there could be some interesting results.

Odd sitching on the correspondent patch and it sure looks awfully clean on that listing.

ORD brass is very odd indeed, but maybe the guy was a writer for the unit newspaper. By the end of the war, anyone who could slap on a correspondent patch would often do so as they had a pretyt high standard of living, even the military ones...

• 1 month later...

Ribbons are backward in priority, but authentic.

This isn't the uniform of a civilian correspondent. This is a military PA type probably assigned to Stars and Stripes.

501stGeronimo

Are you meaning the stiching ON the patch or the stiching attaching the patch to the uniform? I don't see anything wrong from my point of view.