COMBAT DEALERS - yet another militaria collecting show

Bob Hudson

Got an email from some British producers wanting to know if I'd be interested in showing my collection on a show called COMBAT DEALERS. Here's a description from their site:

"Combat Dealers follows the adventures of Bruce Crompton, a buyer and seller of old military kit. He travels around the barns and battlefields of Europe and the old Eastern Bloc, hunting down everything from old radio kits to WWII tanks. There is nothing Bruce won't do to get the right kit at the right price, and to make a tidy profit. Across the series Bruce and his team turn rusty military metal into historical and financial gold.
Bruce is a history nut and a self-made millionaire who has amassed a sprawling hoard of tanks, armoured vehicles and other militaria. His team are the best in the business. Ex-para Ian is his history and weapons expert; Hus is his number two and keeps a close eye on the money; then there's his mechanics, twins Nick and Phil - there's nothing they can't fix.
Combat Dealers is loud, warm and full of fascinating military history, wheeling and dealing, engineering fixes and explosive stunts."
Since I live far from Europe and the old Easter Bloc I assume they are going to be filming in the old American Colonies.
Has this program actually aired anywhere? I couldn't tell from the website: http://www.wagtv.com/
cd.jpg

vintageproductions

It is already airing in the UK and this should be it's second season.

The show is shown on Discovery International channel.

They have been putting the "feelers" out to anyone with a militaria related website asking if they would like to film with them.

It is already airing in the UK and this should be it's second season.

The show is shown on Discovery International channel.

Know any of the cast?

Hi

I have done some filming with them for the 2nd series using bits out of my collection.

I know they were planning on a US leg of filming as Bruce is doing a parachute jump out of a C-47.

I think any TV program that raises the profile of hobby is good. The only thing to remember like all TV it is aimed at the general public so alot of the detail will get edited out...

Regards

Tom

This gives a new meaning to "found in a barn in Normandy".

It's a well done show. I think there are a lot of advantages to basing it in Europe..... like finding a Schwimmwagen in a barn!

I have been in that swimmer.

Its a dream to drive in .

So have I. It was the first vehicle of Bruce's present collection. I was part of his crew for a few events and it was used as the 'battle taxi'. :lol:

Combat Dealers can be seen in Europe on Discovery Channel as mentioned above. Presenter is Bruce Crompton, one of biggest collectors in the UK and a very friendly guy & friend. The vehicles in his collection are top-notch and restored to factory new. The show is great fun to watch, but indeed intended for the general public so some things are a bit overdone to keep the pace going. Bruce is an ex-Para and in one of the episodes he makes a jump over Normandy.

Series 1 of Combat Dealers can be found here: http://www.dailymotion.com/nl/relevance/search/combat+dealers/1

Together with his son Bruce owns this company for the restoration of his vehicles (and some selected customers): http://www.axistrackservices.com/

They also have a Facebook-page: https://www.facebook.com/axistrack

Dang it Bob, now you got me hooked! I watched the first two episodes on YouTube and like the cast. They look like they're enjoying doing what they are doing.