AEF First Over & Early Enlistment Stars

world war I nerd

world war I nerd

Unnamed 4th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Division Doughboy with a star above his single gold overseas service chevron.

When compared to the gold chevron, the star looks lighter in color, perhaps silver?

Personal118.jpga.jpg

Personal118.jpgb.jpg

On 12/15/2014 at 8:44 AM, Dave said:

Wow - what a great thread!!

Super old thread but have you read The Torpedoboat Sailor ? Super old Naval Institute pub but a good navy read.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Referring to the initial post in this thread, I'm attaching some pics of a WWI US Army uniform that was passed down to me in the family from a distant relative.  It has the gold star mentioned, in the middle of the inverted discharge chevron.  The attachment is a threaded post that's secured with a threaded disc on the inside of the left sleeve of the coat.  

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
mars&thunder

Sorry if this is repetitive, but just pulled this image of a 26th Division infantryman wearing his fourragere and also metal star above his service chevrons. The ribbons appear to be mostly local or society things (can never seem to identify the Victory Medal in these kinds of shots as it looks strange in sepia or B&W photos) and he has a small son in service pin (probably his mothers) below the ribbons. No name or regimental ID. Did any other 26th division infantry regiment win the fourragere besides the 104th? Nice patch as well.

Doughboy26thstar.jpeg.d52efc318dd32dddf8854d0205b56343.jpeg

• 1 year later...