Military Order of the Purple Heart

KevinBeyer

KevinBeyer

The mission of the Military Order of the Purple Heart is to foster an environment of good will and camaraderie among combat wounded veterans, promote patriotism; support necessary legislative initiatives; and most importantly, provide service to all veterans and their families.

MOPHLogo.jpg

The membership insignia for this organization cannot be purchased. The only way its members can obtain one is by being awarded a Purple Heart in the service of our country.

KevinBeyer

"The Ladies Auxiliary of the Military Order of the Purple Heart consists of wives, mothers and daughters who support our Veterans. The auxiliary also awards scholarships to select graduating high school seniors and full time college students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning. Membership is open to lineal descendants of a Purple Heart recipient, even if they are not members themselves."

Below is an example of a Past President badge for the Ladies Auxiliary to the Military Order of the Purple Heart. It is marked STERLING on the clasp and has been inscribed "77-79" on the reverse. The badge measures 1.25" at its longest and 5/8" at its widest.

LAMOPHPastPresident.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello, All,

I owned this reunion badge a while back, but as I could find no others to go with it, I sold it. Since then I have come across others and now I wish I still had it. Ah, well. Such is the life of a collector.

MilitaryOrderOfThePurpleHeart.jpg

Does anyone else have images of these types of MOPH reunion badges?

Kevin

• 9 years later...

I have found another pin related to the Ladies Auxiliary of the Military Order of the Purple Heart. It is marked "STERLING" on the reverse and measures approximately 3/4" from the tip of opposing rays.

LAMOPHUnitPresident.jpg

Does anyone else have MOPH related items to share?

Kevin