Schlueter M-1 Heat Stamp range

38Driver

1) Schlueter fixed bail: 58C

2) schlueter swivel bail: 800C

3) Schlueter Swivel bail: 479A

Could we get photos of those, because I don't think the first two are Schlueters, or you may be reading the stamps incorrectly. I have looked at hundreds of Schlueters the past two days and none have C endings and none have been higher than 558A, let alone 800.

If the point is to develop some kind of timeline I think all helmets with legible heat stamps should be included. For instance you say that the latest front seam is 437A, although I have a front seam Schlueter with a clear visible heat stamp of 441A but not straps. I don't see why that kind of information should be excluded.

I had yours on my list dont worry lol

Jake, could you post photos of that 88D? I have yet to see one without an A or B ending.

ill have to find it again, i believe it was on WRF though

im having problems finding it because of how many pages i went through last night but i swear it was a clear 88D with the S under it

post-125364-0-01884200-1418679924.png

Screamingeagles101

Could we get photos of those, because I don't think the first two are Schlueters, or you may be reading the stamps incorrectly. I have looked at hundreds of Schlueters the past two days and none have C endings and none have been higher than 558A, let alone 800.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm reading the heat stamp right on the second one. It looks like 800C, but it is hard to tell. The first one has been discussed on the forum before and has been confirmed a schlueter. The Heat stamp on that one is definely 58C

It has the circle spot welds and the rounded bales. I'll try to get a pic soon.

Screamingeagles101

post-101355-0-55159500-1418679818.jpg

post-101355-0-17088600-1418679831.jpg

You Schlueter nerds are doing a great job on this!!......mike :)

Thanks Mike, my chart is up to 91 entries, ranging from 28A to 558A!

ill have to find it again, i believe it was on WRF though

im having problems finding it because of how many pages i went through last night but i swear it was a clear 88D with the S under it

attachicon.gifwrf.PNG

If you do find it please post photos, is that the only one you found with a suffix other than A or B?

I just double checked, it's actually 58B, SORRY !

No worries, I figured that was the case.

Thanks Mike, my chart is up to 91 entries, ranging from 28A to 558A!

If you do find it please post photos, is that the only one you found with a suffix other than A or B?

No worries, I figured that was the case.

i found a few that were C but there werent clear enough pictures to prove they were schlueter helmets or that it had a C so i didnt add them to the list

All,

I have the following;

Swivel bail - Manganese Rear seam - Lot# 426A - OD7 chin strap with black stamped steel buckle.

great job with the chart!

Mike

post-80886-0-11160400-1418682041.jpg

All,

I have the following;

Swivel bail - Manganese Rear seam - Lot# 426A - OD7 chin strap with black stamped steel buckle.

great job with the chart!

Mike

Congratulations, Mike! You just took the prize for earliest rear seam! ;)

For what it's worth I agree with the suggestion to include all example whether they have chin straps or not if for no other reason than the rim type and placement. More info for the "transition" time

Thanks for keeping the chart and thanks to all for the contributions. Always fun to play detective :)

I only own one Schuleter and it's 107A. When i bought it the exterior was repainted with a much darker OD and was shipping off. The rim is stainless steel as paint from both paint jobs rubbed off. One original bail was left as the other was broken off and replaced using brazing. That also broke off and was never replaced again.

I only own one Schuleter and it's 107A. When i bought it the exterior was repainted with a much darker OD and was shipping off. The rim is stainless steel as paint from both paint jobs rubbed off. One original bail was left as the other was broken off and replaced using brazing. That also broke off and was never replaced again.

i think i have yours on my list already :P

Schlueter 331A, front seam, swivel loop, Manganese rim, flat steel buckle and flat steel J-Hook, OD-7 Straps.

Stephan

Thanks Stephan, that makes 108 entries!

I have a schlueter 42A. Fixed bail od3 strap, and the first type stamped buckle.

When you say first type, are you saying brass flat stamped buckle or raised brass buckle?

Hmm i have no picture on hand at this moment. Its the complete hollow one on the underside. So before the raised buckle. Hope this helps.

A picture would speak a thousand words if you could get your hands on one. :)

Here are most of mine, the others are either illegible or covered with nets or covers:

Lot # Fixed/Swivel Seam Rim Strap Color Buckle Type
28A Fixed Front Stainless OD3 Flat Brass
123A Fixed Front Stainless OD3 Flat Brass
149A Fixed Front Stainless OD7 Flat Brass
203A Fixed Front Stainless OD3 Flat Brass
241A Swivel Front Stainless N/A N/A
264A Swivel Front Stainless OD3 Flat Steel
286A Swivel Front Stainless N/A N/A
320A Swivel Front Manganese OD7 Flat Steel
326A Swivel Front Manganese OD7 Flat Steel
394A Swivel Front Stainless OD7 Flat Steel
427A Swivel Rear Manganese OD7 Flat Steel