1st Sgt. 1902 through Vietnam

mikes militaria

I have a felt on felt three rocker First Segeant and it looks like they took a diamond off a two rocker on and crudely sewed it on a Master Sergeant chevron.

Nice work, Phill! Those are hard to find. I only have two or three.Hi

Hi Steve

I like this style of rank , it has that tough rugged look to it.

Phill

post-7582-0-88435600-1444022819.jpg

CBI Indian made???

Hi Patches

No these are US made applique , the bars and rockers are die cut and sewn to dark blue twill.

Phill

Patches -

The sticker on the far right is indeed much larger than the others. It is modern-made, and I think it was meant to be a window sticker for car, or something along those lines.

Steve

Do you have a KEEP OFF "MY" GRASS sign in your front yard? :D

Nope, not me.

I prefer to go out an yell at them in person. And have them do push ups! :rolleyes:

Phill-

Those are great!

Sadly, I found and resold several over the years before I finally decided to collect them. Now I can't find them at all!

Steve

Patches -

The sticker on the far right is indeed much larger than the others. It is modern-made, and I think it was meant to be a window sticker for car, or something along those lines.

Steve

Oh yeah, interesting. I guess it's in the colors of the current chevrons, Gold on Blue.

Here's one more set of First Sergeant stripes I have that haven't been posted here yet.

I am not certain, but always assumed these were from the 1920s or 1930s. Does anyone know for sure?

post-9-0-18647900-1444158906.jpg

Here's one more set of First Sergeant stripes I have that haven't been posted here yet.

I am not certain, but always assumed these were from the 1920s or 1930s. Does anyone know for sure?

A two Rocker, maybe not 20s, if anything a late 30s to early 40s set, maybe a little earlier to the mid-ish 30s, for use on the Khaki shirts.

Hi Steve

Bill Emerson's superb book on chevrons shows the pre 42 embroidered FSGT on felt with that distinctive design as yours.

My thoughts are as per Patches late 30's early 40's (pre Sept 42) and what was known as "commercially made".

I do have SGT chevron's embroidered on felt with similar distinctive design.

Phill

Thanks, guys.

These are among my favorites just because of the complex embroidery. Very distinctive looking.

I have three others, too and the rest are also on my wish list.

I reckon I'll jump on this here bandwagon and show you all my 'Top Kick' chevron collection.

Currently I have them under a piece of tinted glass, and I'm always on the lookout to find other variations.

Joe

post-120035-0-45441900-1444272362.jpg

Ver nice, Joe!

You have several I don't. Oddly, I am having a heck of a time finding a set of the small, Korean-era stripes with the yellow background!

A set of Civil War infantry First sergeant stripes showed up on EBay today with a Buy It Now of $650.00. Maybe if I win the lottery....

Ver nice, Joe!

You have several I don't. Oddly, I am having a heck of a time finding a set of the small, Korean-era stripes with the yellow background!

A set of Civil War infantry First sergeant stripes showed up on EBay today with a Buy It Now of $650.00. Maybe if I win the lottery....

Hi Steve

I sent you a PM

Phill

You mean the small Korean era combat chevrons, the yellow gold with blue stripes?

Joe

Yes, those ones. You would think they'd be easy to find, but no luck lately.

Steve