Value? Six unopened boxes of military .45 acp ball

Bud

An acquaintance was cleaning out a deceased friend's home and found six boxes of military 45 ball ammo still in the original cardboard. They are marked "FC 61". he is wondering f they have any collector value

post-11442-0-12639100-1418226957.jpg

I see the ammo here in my area typically ask/sell in the $20 per box range for the later ammo.Saw a few boxes last weekend @ $30 a box and no buyers.Another guy had several boxes at $15

Most guys around here consider WW2/Korean War the cutoff for collector ammo unless it is odd or unique.The ammo you posted is considered "shooter" ammo, YMMV.

Charlie Flick

I would consider 1961 dated .45 ACP ammo to be collectable as it is early Viet Nam era. It is not corrosive and could easily be fired without consequence. It appears to be nice and clean. I would offer it to collectors first before shooting it up. (Our Forum is one place to do that, although the weight of ammo can sometimes make shipping small quantities uneconomical.)

Doyler is in the right ballpark on the value. In my neck of the woods that ammo would sell at any local gun show for about $25 per box.

Regards,

Charlie