Spanish American war USN cartridge box

Hello all.

Just picked this up from a fellow forum member (thanks to the seller). Looking for some more help on documenting this and any additional info. Mainly looking for somebody who might be able to provide a reference book showing the box with dates, use, etc.

Here is what I found doing a Google search. Just need the same info from a published reference book.

"Spanish-American War US Navy pistol cartridge box for the .38 caliber Colt Navy revolvers made from 1889 to 1903. USN embossed cover with interior wood block bored for cartridges (6 loose and 2 packs), snap fastened leather latch tab and belt loops all present. Teddy Roosevelt carried one of these revolvers that had been salvaged from the USS Maine. These boxes were common enough years ago but they are scarce enough now that reproductions are being made. From an historically important period in US history when the country stepped onto the world stage and began accepting our role as the important world power we were to grow into"

Thanks!

post-150849-0-78580000-1418180443.jpg

Anybody have a copy of "US Military holsters and pistol cartridge boxes" by Edward Meadows????

Found a reference to this cartridge box online and couldn't find an online preview of the book......

....looks like pg. 409 of Meadows book has a reference to this cartridge box. Anybody out there with a copy?????? If so, please if you could PM me a picture of the page that would be awesome...

Hello All....I'm going to move this discussion over to the Spanish American War section of the forum in the hopes somebody could help...

Thanks for looking!