AGM CATALOG 100: ANYONE GET LUCKY?

Advance Guard Militaria released their on-line catalog yesterday and I have never seen so many Indiana related Spanish-American war uniforms, photos and equipment being offered in one place before. Did anyone buy any of the Span-Am items that were being offered? I was too slow on a couple and didn't come away with anything.

Jeff should feel very pleased with the quality of items he offered!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Some awesome pieces up for sale this time around!

I grabbed one item, but that was from the Great War group...

TR

In Memoriam

My Father, Henry W. Milton, USAAF, Burma, 1943-1945, Lost May 2, 2017
My Grandfather, Nathan Hale, US Navy, USS Rhode Island, 1915-1918, Lost 1968
My 3X Great Grandfather, Sgt. Frederick Hale, 55th New York,
wounded and captured at Malvern Hill, Virginia, July 1, 1862,

died as Prisoner of War, Richmond, July 24, 1862

I didn't find anything for myself, but there were some pretty incredible field gear items!!!!

Just noticed...my 10,000th post! Very appropriate that it should be on a thread about Jeff's 100th catalog! :)

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

"Luck" for me equates to: "Ca$h" available to spend. In the case of catalogue 100, I was not "Lucky".

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

I picked up a few uncommon items and a few things to upgrade what I have. If money were no object, I would have purchased two specific items, the 1910 meat can (only one I have ever seen outside of a manual) and the M1911 sweater. That would run me over $2000 for some knotted yarn and an empty tin can, so reason had to rule the day this time.

I feel like I got a good deal on what I DID buy, so I won't complain too much :)

Some of the Groupings were incredible! I produced more drool looking at this catalog than in the past few year’s catalogs.

-Todd

Currently looking for WWI items, specifically photos of the 116th infantry regiment, and any material related to the USS Olympia.

Always on the lookout for any rations, miscellaneous personal items, pack filler, care package stuffers, knit Red Cross material, and oddball equipment to supplement the Doughboy display.
Have some extras? I help friends fill out their living history kit, and could always use more loaner gear!

If you are a late 19th Century, early 20th Century militaria collector, this was your catalog. As stated above, some truly amazing items Jeff was selling for issue #100.

That said, I was pretty happy at a WWII collector. He had a few really nice pieces and I was just quick enough to pick out the items at the very top of my list including those paratrooper rigger made pouches. For the price, I was certainly willing to take the chance on their authenticity.

Jamie

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Awesome update for us early 20th collectors!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.

If you are a late 19th Century, early 20th Century militaria collector, this was your catalog. As stated above, some truly amazing items Jeff was selling for issue #100.

That said, I was pretty happy at a WWII collector. He had a few really nice pieces and I was just quick enough to pick out the items at the very top of my list including those paratrooper rigger made pouches. For the price, I was certainly willing to take the chance on their authenticity.

Jamie

Would love to see the pouches.Dont recall even seeing them listed.

There was so much eye candy was hard to focus.

I wish the pictured items would stay posted after the sales for a period of time for referance.Many of the items were treasures and rarely seen.

As always Jeff has great pictures and with this 100th catalog he could make a CD of the catalog items for sale.I would buy one ;)

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Jamie

Would love to see the pouches.Dont recall even seeing them listed.

There was so much eye candy was hard to focus.

I wish the pictured items would stay posted after the sales for a period of time for referance.Many of the items were treasures and rarely seen.

As always Jeff has great pictures and with this 100th catalog he could make a CD of the catalog items for sale.I would buy one ;)

Absolutely right! Jeff's photos are fantastic, with great detail. I tried to save a few of the items that I was interested in but didn't win.

I think the question on everyone's mind now is "What will catalog 101 bring?!" :D

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Ron,

The morning preview really helped out in this case. I was able to log in when the catalog opened and make the purchase. Based on the research that I used from recent and older rigger pouch discussions here on the USMF (plus Jeff's description and reputation), I felt pretty comfortable that these were authentic. You guys are right - even if they happen to be repos, the picture quality is outstanding. :)

post-3944-0-11740200-1418310500.jpg

post-3944-0-47443700-1418310521.jpg

post-3944-0-92961900-1418310540.jpg

Jamie

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thankyou sir for adding the photos.;)

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..