Help Identifying Please

scott232

I picked up a leather jacket with patches on it the other day and was wondering if anyone would know any information about it. The company who's name is on the jacket is Ground Zero, but I couldn't find any information on that company. As for the patches, the only one that I couldn't find any information on was the Ground Zero patch on the right arm. I guess I would really just like to know if Ground Zero is something significant. Thanks all!

post-155324-0-28752600-1418092993.jpg

post-155324-0-81088000-1418093113.jpg

post-155324-0-54120300-1418093122.jpg

post-155324-0-22210600-1418093134.jpg

The patches might be commercial copies, but I believe the designs are real. Here's a plaque piece I just sold:

Strategic Recon OFC.jpg

The "Pukin Dogs" patch should have "VFA 143" on it, but has "LN 456." It seems to only show up on commercial flight-type jackets.

I believe that "Strategic Reconnaissance Center" patch may also be a fantasy piece. also made just for the flight jacket copies.

jacket.jpg

• 4 years later...
majormadmax

OK, old thread but a discussion on this patch came up in a collectors forum I am on. I cannot find any evidence of a SAC Strategic Reconnaissance Center anywhere on the Internet, and if anything is for certain it is that SAC's history is well documented (probably thanks to Curtis LeMay!). So, for those who claim this entity existed under SAC, if you could provide proof of that I would be grateful. SAC did have numbered strategic reconnaissance units, but no Strategic Reconnaissance Center I could find!