2015 Show of Shows Louisville, Kentucky

I just found out that I will have two aisle tables there, first time setting up. What time do dealers have to be there on Wednesday for check-in and setup? Do your table helpers have to be present on Wednesday or can they arrive on Thursday?

Thanks, Justin

On Wednesday you get two badges for set up specifically, you and a helper. You can get in after 1700. The helper badges will be in your dealer packet. On Thursday they go in with you.Garth

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, thanks Garth!

Be sure and check in on Wednesday BEFORE 1700 and get your packet. They close the check in desk at 1700 and will not give them out after they close. Saw a couple of dealers that tried at about 1710 last year and were really pissed they couldn't get in on Wednesday set up night.

Stop by and see me, I set up against the wall in the SE corner of the hall.

Garth

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

You guys are starting to get me excited about the show now guys. Some of you guys know I live inside a couple of miles from the fair and expo center. So I want to offer up some services for anyone who may need some help this year. I can help you guys set up help with transport of your stuff and yourself. All I would ask for is my admission fee for the show. Heck I could even be a sober driver if any one is feeling a nite out on the town. Now that's after the show of course guys LOL.

So here's a rather selfish question but I'll ask anyway...if we are OVMS members with our badge, do we have to wait in the three-mile-long line to get in Fri/Sat?

Or is that long line for those needing to pay to get in? Last time I was there it was a loooong line.

Thanks.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Member:

ASMIC

OVMS

Primary interests:

The United States Army in WWII

The United States Army in Vietnam

My YouTube patch channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxXvNiUvwbB-e4i0gl-RrFA

WANTED:

WWII:

551st PIB pocket and shoulder patches

504th PIR real deal pocket patch 

So here's a rather selfish question but I'll ask anyway...if we are OVMS members with our badge, do we have to wait in the three-mile-long line to get in Fri/Sat?

Or is that long line for those needing to pay to get in? Last time I was there it was a loooong line.

Thanks.

The initial line in the morning to get in on Friday/Saturday is for everyone except the people who have tables. Just arrive about 30 minutes after the show opens and the line will be gone. There is plenty of stuff for everyone so 30 minutes or so won't matter much.

Garth

ASMIC Secretary

The initial line in the morning to get in on Friday/Saturday is for everyone except the people who have tables. Just arrive about 30 minutes after the show opens and the line will be gone. There is plenty of stuff for everyone so 30 minutes or so won't matter much.

Garth

Just for future reference, is the line bigger the earlier you go or later?

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

I'm strongly considering making the drive. I've never been to it before. There is a chance I may come along as a helper with a dealer. If that falls through and if im reading it right, I can join the OVMS and come in on Thursday as a member? Thanks! Trying to get my ducks in a row for it.

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Just for future reference, is the line bigger the earlier you go or later?

-Dave

The line is longest at show opening time after the initial rush there really isn't much of a line.

ASMIC Secretary

I'm strongly considering making the drive. I've never been to it before. There is a chance I may come along as a helper with a dealer. If that falls through and if im reading it right, I can join the OVMS and come in on Thursday as a member? Thanks! Trying to get my ducks in a row for it.

The SOS is an experience not to be missed. If you can go as a helper super. If not you can join OVMS and go in Thursday a a member.

ASMIC Secretary

Be sure and check in on Wednesday BEFORE 1700 and get your packet. They close the check in desk at 1700 and will not give them out after they close. Saw a couple of dealers that tried at about 1710 last year and were really pissed they couldn't get in on Wednesday set up night.

Stop by and see me, I set up against the wall in the SE corner of the hall.

Garth

Thanks, Wednesday it is!

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

The line is longest at show opening time after the initial rush there really isn't much of a line.

Yep...Garth is 100% right. There's a huge line before the show opens from all the people who think: "if I get in before THAT guy, I'll get all the great bargains!!!" And really...there is so much stuff at the show where it's really impossible to get ALL the great bargains, let alone SEE the show before your other compadres in line do. Sure, there will be some great bargains that you'll miss...kind of like the guy who sold off his collection of high-end foreign awards at 30% of market value about four years ago...but not to worry...two major dealers picked him absolutely clean within about 15 minutes of him putting out the first riker mount on Wednesday!

For the rest of us, there are plenty of good deals to go around...and even more the later the show goes on, from non-professional dealers/sellers who just want their table clear and a pocket full of cash before going home on Sunday (been there, done that!)

This year, since I'm not a table holder or table helper (not really a "hint hint" but..............) ;):D I plan on getting there about 30-45 minutes after the show opens and walking right in. I've been a OMVS member for almost two decades...but I have no interest in standing in line, thanks. :)

We do need to figure out a central place for a photo though...it would be really nice to put names with faces.

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks.

Unless you are a lifetime member the answer is yes, you have to wait in the line.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

About joining the OVMS....I can't be sure about this but it LOOKED like people were trying to join the OVMS while there and it was a long wait. I would suggest joining before you get there IF that is the case. Also, I think the TMCA members get in with the OVMS members this year like last year if I heard correctly. I guess just bring your TMCA badges. My family will be using that route since I'm already inside with a table. I'm bringing a lot of WAC, ANC, USMCWR, and ARC stuff, I hope. Plus, WWII Home Front. Wife says some has to go and I agree! Stop by...go in front and head to the far right corner....turn around and we are first aisle almost on end. Setting up Wednesday and can't wait!

Hope see some members!

Steve

We will be there with our usual 4 tables, stop by and say "Hi"!

We usually fly a Armored Guidon so we can find our way back to our tables.

I am excited about it already-!

For those first time attendees a few words of advice; bring good walking shoes, stay hydrated, bring your camera, bring a secure shoulderbag to keep stuff in, ask about return policies before you buy, if you see somthing you want- buy it! Last year I "went back" for seven different things on my list, six were sold and the one piece that I wanted most the guy decided to keep. Cash is king. a few dealers can take cards, a few will do checks, but again cash is king. Also bring stuff to trade, I bought alot of items "walking by" our tables, and they can be good trade leverage as well.

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

About joining the OVMS....I can't be sure about this but it LOOKED like people were trying to join the OVMS while there and it was a long wait. I would suggest joining before you get there IF that is the case. Also, I think the TMCA members get in with the OVMS members this year like last year if I heard correctly. I guess just bring your TMCA badges. My family will be using that route since I'm already inside with a table. I'm bringing a lot of WAC, ANC, USMCWR, and ARC stuff, I hope. Plus, WWII Home Front. Wife says some has to go and I agree! Stop by...go in front and head to the far right corner....turn around and we are first aisle almost on end. Setting up Wednesday and can't wait!

Hope see some members!

Steve

TMCA members will get in like the OVMS members with their TMCA badges.

ASMIC Secretary

This Will be my first trip to a militaria show ever. I have my plane ticket and hotel ready. Looks like I'll have a little over $500 spending money.

I'm bringing a Imperial Russian Cavalry sword to sell or trade does anyone know if there will be someone there to see what it's worth for me?

Grandson of Command Sergeant Major Max I Gray U.S Army

Also grandson of CWO-3 Arthur WillIam Seabury jr. USMC

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

I'm going this year. 2012 was my first year going and I haven't been able to get away from work since...REALLY looking forward to getting back, it's such a great show.

-Gene

“The English fight for Honor, the French for Glory, but the Americans fight for Souvenirs!"

Roy S. Durstine, 1918

Well the wife and I were hoping to go this year but looks like it's not going to happen. We just bought a 2015 Jeep Patriot cash, so need to refresh our cash reserves.

I guess we'll have a decent vehicle to take next year though!!

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif