Kansas?

I can't help you at all regarding WWI material, but I have a rather large display area, in excess of 1,800 sq. ft., of WWII uniforms and related items, mostly named. Since you are right around the corner from Leawood, why not give me a call so we might arrange a visit. My phone number is 913-681-8508. I'll expect your call. Jack Angolia

Best bet is other collectors in Kansas in my opinion. Depending on your specific uniform type, there are a few collectors in Wichita, Manhattan, but most are around KC. There are a few shows each year at the KC expo center, Wichita, and one in Hastings, NE. There was a militaria store in Leavenworth a few years ago that still might be there. I do have some WWI and WWI uniforms I will be moving on at some point.

Not a place to buy, but hopefully you will get a chance to visit the National World War I museum in Kansas City. It is world class.

I can't help you at all regarding WWI material, but I have a rather large display area, in excess of 1,800 sq. ft., of WWII uniforms and related items, mostly named. Since you are right around the corner from Leawood, why not give me a call so we might arrange a visit. My phone number is 913-681-8508. I'll expect your call. Jack Angolia

If you get a chance to see Jack's display then by all means do so!

What do you collect? I may be able to help. Jack Angolia, Leawood, KS.

Jack,

I'm in Olathe. I've heard a lot of good things about you and your collection. We have a few mutual friends. I'd really like to take a look sometime.

Travis

I just went there this afternoon and must say that I have NEVER seen even a museum of that caliber. suffice it to say that I was deeply humbled lol. I really appreciate the time I got to spend over there! Two hours literally went by like 20 minutes. I will definitely be back!

If you get a chance to see Jack's display then by all means do so!

Not a place to buy, but hopefully you will get a chance to visit the National World War I museum in Kansas City. It is world class.

I have been there many times over the years and every visit gets better and better!

I too am in Olathe. I have some WWII aviation related memorabilia. What are you looking for?

Travis,

Nothing specific really. Mainly any kind of uniforms from WWI-II. Just looking to expand my uniform collection.

Travis,

Nothing specific really. Mainly any kind of uniforms from WWI-II. Just looking to expand my uniform collection.

My # is 816-204-4592. Feel free to give me a call or text. I may have some stuff you might be interested in

My # is 816-204-4592. Feel free to give me a call or text. I may have some stuff you might be interested in

Great! What time works best for you?

Great! What time works best for you?

I'm off Sunday's, Monday's and Tuesdays. I work 2pm-midnight every other day. Anytime within those hours or days are great.

Hello Travis,

Besides the Marine uniforms, I've pulled six other pieces for your consideration. Why not plan to bring your father over on one of your days off. Just give me a call--913-681-8508. Jack Angolia

• 4 months later...

Gents,

There is also a Kansas City Military Collectors Club (KCMCC) in Kansas City that is very active and meets once a month at the Westport Flea Market. This non-profit collector organization has been around for over 30 years and puts on two militaria shows a year at the Lenexa, KS VFW. There is a similar club in Wichita that also puts on two shows a year.

As Vice President of the KCMCC I would invite any collector to attend one of our meetings as a guest.

http://www.kcmcc.org/

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend Jason Claire over at Overlooked Antiques in Leavenworth, KS. He has an enormous collection ranging through most of the 20th Century. I have bought some really good pieces from him since 2009. He updates his website pretty often and he's a member here. Here's his website: http://www.wwiigimilitarysurplus.com/. Give him a call and he can probably give you an idea of what he has to offer. And don't forget to haggle!

This coming weekend there's a show in Topeka. I've never been, so I'm not sure what will be for sale. If anyone knows please share!

Jun 6 2015 Topeka, KS, 16th Annual Heartland Military Day Museum of the Kansas National Guard, Forbes Field, Sponsored by the Rolling Thunder Chapter of the MVPA; Contact Bruce Zimmerman: (785) 234-6174 or the Museum: (785) 862-1020 - See more at: http://www.militarytrader.com/events/military-vehicles-show-calendar#sthash.bSn1D7NL.dpuf

• 2 months later...

Overlooked Antiques in Leavenworth is a great shop, and they rotate their stock frequently. So just because you have been there doesn't mean you have seen it all, or seen what they have out today. Worth the trip from KC.

Also check out W.D. Pickers Antique Mall in Platt City. Just off I-29, north of the Airport. A good quality antique mall with only antiques and vintage collectables. Several booths with militaria. Worth checking out if you are in the area.

• 1 year later...
charles harris

I am a new member. I wanted to let all know that the Wichita Militaria Collecters Club Fall Military Guns and Collectible Show is November 5 and 6, at the Cessna Activity Center, Oliver and George Washington, Wichita, Kansas. Our club has been hosting two show for over thirty years. About 120 tables, plus displays. Admission is $5 and parking is free. If you have questions call Charlie 316-262-7224 or Shawn at 316210-3255.

• 9 months later...

I'll second Jason at Overlooked Antiques. Great collection of inventory and he's always getting new items in. I stop by his place just to see what's new.

Any shows or gatherings coming up in the KC area?

I'll second Jason at Overlooked Antiques. Great collection of inventory and he's always getting new items in. I stop by his place just to see what's new.

Any shows or gatherings coming up in the KC area?

The Missouri Valley Arms Collectors Association show is having their show at the end of July in KC. Here's the link: http://www.mvaca.org/156-2/

vintageproductions

Also ASMIC is having their yearly military show in Kansas City this year. September 8th & 9th.