Can you help USMF?

Hello, fellow community members! :D

I've seen many of you discussing the Show of Shows (and other militaria shows for that matter). And, I was curious what everyone thought about having a USMF flyer that could be passed out at militaria shows?

If you guys and gals think it might be of interest to do such a thing, then would any of you would be willing to place or pass out USMF flyers?

Any thoughts are appreciated. thumbsup.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Post the flyer and I will print out 200 or 300. :)

I don't have a table but the SOS promoters always have a table for militaria flyers.

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

donation2007.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

It's done! I have completed the USMF flyer and it is available just below as an Adobe Acrobat format. The format is sized to fill up an entire page of paper (regular notebook size) and when printed Adobe should give the default 1/2 inch white border.

This is what it looks like:

USMFflyerJPG_th.jpg

The flyer is show in color format but if you want black and white, then just set the printer properties to greyscale.

Also, if you are going to make multiple copies, I would suggest you use a copier for duplicates rather than using a printer. The amount of graphics in the picture might be quite hard on home printers, especially old ink jets. thumbsup.gif

Lastly, if you encounter any trouble with the flyer, please feel free to contact me. I've tested it on my computer, ink jet printer, and laser printer. It worked fine. But, one never knows. So, if any problems, please contact.

PS: IF anyone has a table and is interested in perhaps displaying a poster, please PM me and we can discuss it.

USMF_Flyer.pdf

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I dont go to many military shows but I do have a link to here on my website and will deffinately print some out and pass them out if I do go to some shows.

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

Jeff, thanks for catching that! And thanks for reminding me too. I had to cut that line entirely out because it actually didn't show up as readable on most printers when printed anyway. Just looked like a jumble of lines. :(

Anyways, the updated file is above.

Jeff, thanks for catching that! And thanks for reminding me too. I had to cut that line entirely out because it actually didn't show up as readable on most printers when printed anyway. Just looked like a jumble of lines. :(

Anyways, the updated file is above.

Looks great. Thanks for the change. I will have some for Justin to hand out at college.

Jeff

We don't have one, only a minor in history is available, and the courses are all crap IMO. Even in my major, there are only about 150 people as far as I know. Most of the 15,000 people here are technical or engineering majors.

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

Very nice idea!!

I will print some ones and put in one take-one display in Museum!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

I will be happy to run the flyer in AAMUC FOOTLOCKER, but at 1/4 or 2/3 page the lettering is far too small. Could we have a large type version for us old , weak-eyed guys? Something that would be more suitable for printing in a publication -- in b/w, of course?

G

ok i will print some out and take it to the shows here in germany

greetings

WANTED!!! US Army Europe patches with scrolls or titles over there. a highway patrol brassard from us army germany and a m42 jump jacket

WANTED!!!!!!!!! and some german items WW2

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

This is great. Many of us probably sell stuff on eBay and other online venues. Since I started selling the helmet books on eBay I noticed that many collectors are not aware of the existance of forums. I will start adding one leaflet inside each envelope.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Great idea, but what is the main goal of this forum? Getting more members than all other fora? Or, getting the highest level of quality?

Bob

There's no reason you can't do both. In fact, a larger knowledge base increases the opportunities for quality discussions. Forums such as this will always have a certain amount of "research oriented" discussion and a certain amount of what I call "show but no tell" with lots of pictures and few details.

We started this forum in late 2006 and did nothing to promote it, but suddenly - to our surprise - more than 500 people showed up, all bound by interest in US militaria but beyond that with diverse interests and needs. Obviously these needs were not being met elsewhere.

We are doing things to make it easier to find the more "informative" posts, but if masses of collectors want to participate in a thread(s) that are nothing more than pictures of collections, then they also have a place too.

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

Members have different reasons for joining forums. Even if a given forum is set out primarily as a research tool. The motivation behind people registering and posting here are innumerous. Personally, I like both the research and show and tell styles.

On the other hand, there is a number of collectors who use the Internet to purchase their various items but who are unaware of the information available from the same source. Many of these collectors, especially those who have been into this for less than 10 years, keep buying fakes. As more and more collectors are informed about the existance of forums, this in time will become the best way to contain the fakes and fraud.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• 2 years later...

I'll have some on my table at SoS...

I think this is a great forum. I found it by accident. As a US collector, the other forum doesn't really have much for us...

Putting some fliers on my table is the least I can do to support this worthy effort.

Keep up the good work!

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

I'll take some of these to the SOS this year. Before I print up a couple hundred of these, are there any upgrades that are going to be done to this 3 year old flyer or is the current one still a go?

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."