WW1 USMC 6th MG Bn, China Marine, Banana Wars, Silver Star Winner, Vet Lot

usmcaviator

Woodwork fresh from my local area. Belonged to a WW1 6th MG Bn officer, who commanded a Regiment in WW2 and turned General by 1946. Waiting on service file to determine why he was issued two numbered China Service Medals! Saw service at Belleau Wood and all major Campaigns of WW1, in Haiti as part of the Garde d'Haiti, and in Nicaragua. Won multiple Silver Stars and Croix D'Guerre for WW1 heroism. EGAs are fire bronze and 10K gold, patches are amazing and quantity cant be beat. Silver Star is BB&B and engraved. Coat is 1939 dated and named.

Mikepost-1315-0-40677400-1417928127.jpg

Absolutely one of the best finds I've seen in a while, congrats!! I'd love to see close up shots of the dog tags if you get a chance

Brian Dentino

Probably one of the best Marine groupings I have seen in a long time! Holy cow there is some incredible stuff in this one.....I would love to see more pics of this group especially the medals and the EGA's. Just amazing and quite the find. Also some closeups of those 6th MG patches.....I could go on but just wanted to say GREAT find!!!!!

Mike,

Hands down.... my favorite grouping on the forum....

Its tough typing through the tears of envy that are falling on my keyboard.....

S/F

DM