1ST Cav Medevac Shirt

danbadger

Interesting he had Cambodian/Khmer characters on the tape. Not sure if this is a direct translation of Lt Dusty Miller though.

PS. Do you have a first name on this guy? Would like to check the Vietnam Vet database, but as you would imagine, there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of Millers listed in the U.S. Army's database.

photos of patched shirt for your opinions came with helmet that is in the aviation headwear section

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/225589-recent-purchase-date/

photo makes the colouring look a little strange....

thanks,

Dan

Dan,

I would lean towards this being something put together maybe as a "party shirt" which a number of pilots did to wear when drinking in the local club etc. The colored insignia, rank, name tags etc went out in 1966 no later than 1967. We did not get nomex flight suits until around 1968. None of the insignia/patches would have been permitted to be worn on duty, at least in the units I served in. However the Cav was in a world of its own.

Terry

The shirt is definitely a put together, and most likely a recent one at that. Most of the patches (Medevac Medic, Gun Club, etc) all look to be fake, and on a post war shirt.

I'd question why a Cavalry officer would be flying a MedEvac aircraft to begin with.

This could be a veteran's shirt made well after the war. But it still does not completely add up.