M-1924 First Aid Pouches and Contents

pineviewsurplus

pineviewsurplus

Greetings all!

We recently began cleaning out our warehouse and are hoping to move some of our more unique finds on eBay or other venues. We have two first aid pouches we believe to be M-1924 with different contents which we have been told should go with one or the other - opinions differ. So I thought to ask the knowledgeable folks here for clarification. I have attached images here of both pouches along with the dressing and kit. I apologize for the very small image size, but as a new member I'm restricted for the time being apparently. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance!

Robert

Pineview Surplus

post-149638-0-46495600-1417816712.jpg

post-149638-0-57387700-1417816715.jpg

post-149638-0-37197100-1417816718.jpg

These are WWII m-1924 first aid pouches. The contents varied. I have seen many with the tins inside, and others with cardboard covered bandages. I believe both to be correct. Your pouches are cool, I have never seen an Airtrees Midland pouch before.

pineviewsurplus

Thanks for the reply, Ronny! Would you be in a position to suggest a value for these? I tend to look at average sold price on eBay to gauge but I like to get learned opinions when I can. Condition is very nice overall with the exception of the Jeff pouch having the clasp stud (nomenclature?) about halfway ripped off the canvas.

pineviewsurplus

I would say $20 for the left one and $15 for the left

-Dave

Which left is that? :P

Also, are you thinking value for just the pouches or with the kit/dressing?

If I remember well the M24 pouch accept only Carlisle tin box being waxed cardboard protected packet too big. BTW the one on the right is the not so common Pointed Flap variant.