Huge WWII Navy Pilot grouping Okinawa

bazelot

• 1 month later...
ViewfinderGyrene

I thought I had posted to this thread when you got the group in Dec, but I forgot. You are one lucky guy! Beautiful group, especially like the religious items! Thanks for posting!

• 2 months later...
rushworthy

Hello.

Really nice group collection.

I came across this forum as I picked up an airplane panel with SCORPIONS artwork at a militaria auction. I thought it may have been Yellow Scorpions related, but then found reference to the FM-2 Wildcats and the VC70 composite squadron of the U.S.S. Salamaua.

I am a novice so wasn't sure if genuine or fake. However the picture of the VC70 pilot in this forum clearly shows a SCORPIONS panel on the plane of similar size, shape and image.

The panel looks to be transfer printed perhaps. Great detail, I wonder if all planes in the squadron had this panel? Any thoughts/information welcome.

Chris

post-158528-0-90611400-1431473073.jpg

Johnny Signor

Chris , your "panel" insignia s most likely a Decal as the units all used them for the aircraft , Very nice find !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Never saw this the first time around, and since I've recently started collecting WWII aviation helmets and gear, I am simply blown away by this grouping!! WOW!

Thanks for bringing it back to the top!

Rick

Never saw this the first time around, and since I've recently started collecting WWII aviation helmets and gear, I am simply blown away by this grouping!! WOW!

Thanks for bringing it back to the top!

Rick

THank you