The ultimate 101st Airborne tribute blanket

WorldWarPatches

Wow! Gives new meaning to the term "security blanket".

Always searching for items from 83rd Div (WWII), 3rd Div (Korea), and anything related to the Civil War in Arkansas or Missouri! Will buy or trade!

In memory of Pvt Roland L. Gates, Co G, 2nd Bn, 15th Inf, 3rd Division. KIA 15 June 1953 defending Outpost Harry.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I'd say you're off to a good start. Wow!!

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Brian Dentino

That has got to be one of the coolest patch blankets I have ever seen. There are some GREAT patches there aside from the 101st as well! Stunning and a great addition. Congrats on the pickup!

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!

Now get those scissors out.... JK

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I would have those patches off the blanket within minutes. The blanket is post-WWII anyways.

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

WorldWarPatches

Bob,

The original owner has past away. I bought it from the widow. She say's she only knows he collected for many years and about 10 to 15 years ago he started putting them on blankets, Yes I said BLANKETS. (*_*) as I get them, I'll share some photo's of them. I can only afford to make payments so I only get 1 at a time. Next one is a USMC theme.

as the are being paid off.Great piece! what's the background on its collection and assembly? Bobgee

https://www.ebay.com/str/worldwarpatches

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them!

https://www.worldwarpatches.com

WorldWarPatches

Hello Ski,

I had to agree NOT to cut them up without 1st trying to sell each one complete for 6 months. I did tell her that the next owner will not have to agree to any terms. I hope they stay intact. I'll have a blanket collection if they don't sell because I won't be cutting them up. Pat

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I would have those patches off the blanket within minutes. The blanket is post-WWII anyways.

-Ski

https://www.ebay.com/str/worldwarpatches

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them!

https://www.worldwarpatches.com

on my fasebook acount it came up for sale for 17 grand, yes I said 17 GRAND!!! ( buy it now) 12.5 grand starting bid.... maybe a scam ?? or is this thing up for sale??

Always looking for Items from the 110th Pennsylvania Volunteers 1861-1865

2nd_zps212583d3.jpg

Proud Veteran of the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment 1987-1989

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

mikes militaria

There is a patch I've never seen before, To the top left of the first "1" next to the army group patches, A red patch with a gold lion and a scroll with "try us". Anyone mind telling me what that is? Thanks , Mike

There is a patch I've never seen before, To the top left of the first "1" next to the army group patches, A red patch with a gold lion and a scroll with "try us". Anyone mind telling me what that is? Thanks , Mike

Think its the 141st Field Artillery

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Think its the 141st Field Artillery

I have mine as the 141st FA also. Is the one on the blanket felt/wool construction?

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif