HARIAN 45 USMC dismounted ammo belt....

BROBS

Would you say this is Harian 45 marked?

It seems very "green".

That's what the markings appear to read in the photos.

Some versions of OD shade 7 are darker than others.

Overall, a nice belt.

thank you.. I think so too.

it seems to retain the most green on the unused side (for a right handed person) which would make sense.

I was under the impression that Harian didn't have a contract at this time to make these... has anyone seen another??

-Brian

Brian

going by Alecs book there isn't any Contracts listed.Maybe pm him and s skip if he ghost as uncovered any new information.

do you know their screen names?

Craig, good to know that there is at least another out there!

This is a really nice one bought off the forum and was the first ammo belt I purchased... but I don't really collect USMC and am toying with the idea of selling it since I now have a nice HINSON 1942 dated belt.

Just curious about this one as searching around I haven't really found another like it.

-Brian

Harian Stitching Company made contracts under #OM45730 in the amount of $225,000 starting June of 1944 and completed by November of 1944. Maybe contract ran longer or added on or another was issued in 1945 for less than the 50k amount needed to be in my report.

Brian,

Does the belt have the inner pocket straps and snaps for the O3's stripper clips? I have a 1945 US Army Harian cartridge belt made without them this was a late war deleted version.

Nice rare belt !

Brian,

Does the belt have the inner pocket straps and snaps for the O3's stripper clips? I have a 1945 US Army Harian cartridge belt made without them this was a late war deleted version.

Nice rare belt !

Yes it has the straps and snaps on both sides of the belt.

Thanks! And thanks for showing that beautiful US Army version. Their company mark sure is odd.

-Brian

Brian,

Harian ink stamps on their belts are always very lighty marked. I also have a mint 1943 Harian cartridge belt OD #7 and the mint 1943 Harian canteen cover to go along with it as well they are totally different shades of OD and it's very cool!

Brian,

The canvas was dyed and put on rolls and cut to prints or pattern for the item check on the belt I posted, see where the pocket flap stiches threads are the lighter OD.

Craig