chaplain group ww2 : Kenneth Fristoe

shifty5580

Hi guys,
Here is the grouping of Kenneth Fristoe, chaplain (protestant) He received the bronze star in Philipinnes Island (1945) he exposed him to sniper and artillery fire to help Gi's and give the last sacraments...In 1946 he was in the staff of General Marshall. He retired in 60's with the rank of Lt Colonel
If someone know more about him I'me very interested
Bertrand
p1040028.jpg
p1040029.jpg

• 7 years later...

I came across the site quite by coincidence, but I thought I'd share what my father wrote to his parents, devoted Christians, about his chaplain (named Fristoe) while he served as a Battery Clerk in WWII. The first entry is written from New Guinea, May 11, 1944: 

Rejoice with me that I at last have a chaplain who really loves the Lord, who preaches the straight gospel, and who emphasizes the need for practicing Christ’s teachings in one’s daily life. He is a Free Methodist from Oakland, CA. Name: Fristoe.

A second, also from New Guinea, June 27, 1944: 

“A little thing will keep him from the House of God who has no desire to go there,” a quotation Capt. Fristoe used in a recent sermon, and how true it is....Sunday night I tried to get one of my tentmates to go with me to the evening evangelistic service. He had missed chapel in the morning because he needed to shave. He could not go with me in the evening because he had some important letters to write. When I came back, he was in the midst of a gambling session.

A third from Netherlands, East Indies, December 3, 1944:

For the first time in my life I heard the whistle of a real live bomb. It did not fall close enough to our area to do any damage here, but I could feel the concussion—definitely. Aside from the bombs, one of the big dangers of an air raid is falling flak from the bursts of anti-aircraft fire. Shrapnel takes some time when it is fired thousands of feet in the air. Thus it pays a fellow to stay in the shelter for a few minutes after being fired upon...Living conditions are quite satisfactory here, except for the constant and annoying knowledge that there are Japs hovering in the vicinity. By the way, I have not yet seen a Japanese, alive or dead, overseas. The air is much drier than it was by the sea shore. It’s plenty hot during the day but still very cool at night...Chapel attendance has stepped up considerably since the bombings. It is rather a shame it takes something like that to make fellows seek God. They are sure to hear the real gospel from Chaplain Fristoe, who has been given even greater power by the Holy Spirit during this crisis. He’s a gifted evangelist.

Anyway, there you have it. Best wishes. John H

V