Tropical Coats Worn Outside Southeast Asia.

patches

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The photo identifies the soldiers as students from the Pathfinder Course in 1980, presumably at Fort Benning. There's a mixture of OG-107 fatigues, ERDL jungle fatigues and RDL RDF fatigues. The soldier on the left in the back row looks Australian. Also, it looks like the soldier on the left in the front row is wearing a 3rd Marine Division combat patch.

post-1761-0-81773900-1553106170_thumb.jpg

don't think he's Australian, we don't wear ribbon/medals on fatigues and also those wings aren't in teh right place. Maybe Canadian?

• 3 weeks later...
Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

The photo identifies the soldiers as students from the Pathfinder Course in 1980, presumably at Fort Benning. There's a mixture of OG-107 fatigues, ERDL jungle fatigues and RDL RDF fatigues. The soldier on the left in the back row looks Australian. Also, it looks like the soldier on the left in the front row is wearing a 3rd Marine Division combat patch.

The LT second from left with the small Adolph mustache....

• 2 weeks later...

There are some nice pics from early bright star exercises in Egypt. I love the 1983 ranger combination of OD jungle uniforms and camo painted burlap covered m1 helmet.

And as weird it may sound a Delta force pic came out these days showing guys training in jungle last year with one of them wearing erdl... Pretty sure it was worn for giggles but funny nonetheless https://i.redd.it/62g0yli8ff121.jpg

post-3807-0-34982300-1555623078_thumb.jpg

And as weird it may sound a Delta force pic came out these days showing guys training in jungle last year with one of them wearing erdl... Pretty sure it was worn for giggles but funny nonetheless https://i.redd.it/62g0yli8ff121.jpg

Interesting variety of uniforms - the guy front and center appears to be wearing a modified BDU.

• 5 months later...

A Staff Sergent one of the Reserve Special Forces Groups at a Drill at Ft Meade Maryland, 1965 wearing the 1st Pattern Coat, probably of the old 11th Special Forces Group, he may not be Flashed, as one more of them are only wearing the DI only one we see with a Candy Stripe.

post-34986-0-56912800-1570413342_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, seanmc1114 said:

Marine wearing ERDL fatigues and a desert camouflage helmet cover at 29 Palms in 1976.

post-1761-0-62335600-1550237615_thumb.jpg

Tan Side Out Leaf Pattern cover we should think Sean.

bravo_2_zero
On 1/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, seanmc1114 said:

The article mentions the jungle fatigues were being issued with a special belt which can be seen in the picture.

post-1761-0-53055400-1548354194_thumb.jpg

I have this uniform , the belt is a part of the uniform same as the WW2 jump jackets. I'll drop a few photos on

bravo_2_zero
On 4/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, bravo_2_zero said:

I have this uniform , the belt is a part of the uniform same as the WW2 jump jackets. I'll drop a few photos on

teen1.jpg

teen2.jpg

teen3.jpg

12 hours ago, bravo_2_zero said:

teen1.jpg

teen2.jpg

teen3.jpg

Material is Cotton Sateen as the fatigues of the day were made out of, I think there was another topic on these, let me check.

bravo_2_zero
8 hours ago, patches said:

Material is Cotton Sateen as the fatigues of the day were made out of, I think there was another topic on these, let me check.

Yes mate, this was a part of the 69 trials as it has the ghost of the triangular armoured patch on the left arm. The tag behind the pocket is present but it's made from Muslim/cheese cloth and long since washed away with the fait black text just about able to see but can't read.