Maybe a new helmet for TR-1 pilots ?!?

BlueBookGuy

Hello all,

was sure having seen virtually the whole range of NASA/USAF high-altitude helmets, including the very latest - even I'm reading PDF the fantastic book "Dressing for Altitude" (2012) waiting for it to become available other ways, than only straight from NASA.

But this one, taken from Youtube I never noticed before. It looks to be a new pattern rather than some sort of upgrading/modifying the older S-1030 /S-1032 family of helmets by D. Clark. Also, a bit more compact than those - at least this my impression.

Does anyone of you know what could be?

Greetings from Italy - Franco. (pics' quality maybe not too good..)

post-151851-0-72620800-1417644411.jpg

post-151851-0-38795700-1417644434.jpg

In this sense they all look like NASA helmets, starting from "MK"-series of USN full-pressure helmets of mid-'50s until the S-1035 worn by Space Shuttle crews. Actually the development began 60 years ago to give the USAF/Navy a reliable helmet, then things went parallel in the same time for NASA's benefit.

This helmet carries close resemblance to the S-1030/S-1031, but decidedly different in some details.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
Under Pressure

My answer may already be obsolete and way outdated but the pictures show David Clark S1034 PPA suit and helmet.