1st US Army Air Force WAC Photo

338thRCT

Looks like she might be married. Great looking photo. Love 'em!

I was lucky to find a few good WAC photos at the last show and my wife confiscated them from me for HER collection! I've GOT to stop showing her stuff.

Steve

Cool! Love that its tinted and shows her purse! (did I say that out loud?)

I have a wall at my shop for portait photos I find, its impressive to see all the uniroms and the heroes and heroines that wore them.

A beautiful image that has survived quite well over the years! Very nice that it is IDed. Thank you for showing it here.

Best wishes,

Joe

Speaking of WACs, picket up the following picture at the annual Postcard Show in Wichita. It is a nice 5 X 7 studio portrait and is signed, " To Ronald Aunt Lou".

post-14361-0-91345500-1417843422.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i hope the OP doesn't mind. I love these semi color pic's from those times This is a pic of my Aunt Annie. She was a SSgt. and served in the CBI with the AAC. I have her complete uniform.

post-11740-0-88499900-1418703315.jpg

Semper Fi

Phil

• 10 months later...

All very nice photos. I'm guessing that joining the service was a much bigger step for a woman then than now (although I may be way off).

You are correct. These women of WWII opened doors and paved paths for the women of today. This is why I love to read as much as I can about these "pioneer" women.

...Kat