Few flea market finds

I'm not finding a whole lot of stuff at the flea markets but these are things I found over the past month or so. It was too bad about the wrap around broach type Purple Heart where the front piece came off and was missing as well as the EGA having the threaded bolt missing.

post-1389-0-83180700-1417629750.jpg

donation2008.gif

Lastly I found this small USMC grouping that supposedly came out of a locker. I did a little checking on the Internet and found that Melvin J. Weintraub was a corporal Aviation Radio-Gunner with Marine Bomber Squadron Four Twenty-Three or VMB-423. What I could not find is a listing indicating that he was the recipient of two Distinguished Flying Crosses as the ribbons indicate.

post-1389-0-78229900-1417630864.jpg

post-1389-0-02496100-1417630896.jpg

donation2008.gif

Ok thanks! I will use this as a ref next time I see some HBTs I want, I never bought any yet

I'm not saying this is the going prices for this type of shirt but you just never know at flea markets as it might be under a pile of civilian clothing and the seller knowing nothing about collectable military cloth might say 1 dollar. On the other hand many of the sellers know that militaria is collectable now but they don't know which particular piece is really collectible so they ask an outrageous price. Usually it won't sell and their price will come down during the following weekend.

donation2008.gif

DI on overseas cap

161st IR a Wa Army Nat'l Guard outfit. Was the '4th' part of the 'square' prewar 41st ID Was seperated from that Div and served in the Pacific Theater with the 25th ID. Including at Guadalcanal from Jan. '43

"They'd rather be alive than free; poor dumb bastards."

as well as the EGA having the threaded bolt missing.

I've had quite a few different pieces of insignia that have been damaged or missing parts. I keep a box with broken or damaged scrap pieces that I use for replacements. I have a local jeweler who does the repairs for me for next to nothing. Might be an option for you.

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

North Coast Military Antiques

https://northcoastmilitaryantiques.com

"preserving history, one piece at a time"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.