Minty Complete M9 Chemical Testing Kit

one50

I have had a wonderful last few weeks on finding some chemical items.

To much to share....when it rains it pours.

This one I had to share because it is AWESOME.

100% complete with original cardboard box.

This is an M9 Chemical Agent Detector Kit.

Not a single piece is missing....Christmas has come early for me.....can you tell I'm excited :)

But I do not know the date of this item. Can anyone help out with a time frame?

Enjoy the pics.

Dan

post-939-0-62857500-1417578077.jpg

I do not collect this stuff and don't know a whole lot about it but when you look at the second picture of the box partially hidden by the strap is a stamp on the box that says something like "For Defense" in a shield. Isn't that a typical WW2 type marking. Also the stock number on the box looks pre Korean War.... A similar M9 kit is shown on page 220 of Enjames book on WW2 equipment.

That is a great link you provided Bob, my head is dizzy with new things to look for :)

After reading about the M9 , M9A1 and M9A2, I think my kit is originally an M9 changed over to an M9A2.

It has instructions for G agents and I have 2 sealed vials marked "expired after 1-54" in this kit.

I think we nailed it down.

Born in the 40's as an M9, graduated in the 50's as an M9A2.

Thanks

Dan

Now that we have it narrowed down, I am wondering if the Lot number is a clue. N-4-845... I am wondering if the last digits are for August 1945?

whoa that's some enviable NOS goodness. I'm impressed you were able to open the box without all the tape going to hell. Looks great though, thanks for sharing

Also, notice in the 2nd pic, the big ink blot over the M9 on the carrier. Marked out because it is not an M9 any longer, it was upgraded to M9A2.

I did not open the box. I never open any of my sealed boxes, I can't bring myself to do it, but if someone else does it, I'm happy to inspect the contents.

When I purchased this, the box was already open.

Thanks

Dan

• 6 months later...
Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I just picked up an excellent condition complete M9A2 kit. One of the items states to "Discard after 9-56". I'm assuming these kits are late 40's to early 50's ish?

Rock

Lucky 7th Armored

Wow, that is awesome. I dont see this stuff usually so it is nice to see something different for a change.

Nice pickup and thank you for posting!

Haydn