USAAF 6 days before entering WW2

craig_pickrall

Oh nice!

There's some really neat shots here, and stuff I've not seen before.

Are you taking photos of these or are you scanning them? If you're scanning, would you be able to make some hi-res scans of a few things for me?

Fade to Black...

craig_pickrall

These are photos that I took 2 or 3 years ago. I'm not currently working on the LIFE stuff. I have several more that I need to edit that I have already taken the pics of. At the moment I'm re-arranging my office area and don't even have my printer hooked up.

I have finished posting all of the aviation pics I had from LIFE.

Okay, no problemo.

Actually, I think I'm going to try and find this ish of LIFE at a local dealer, but do you at least have your original, raw (and hopefully larger) images of the P-40 and the P-43 handy? I might be able to make do with those, in case I can't find my own copy of this rag.

Either way, thanks for posting this particular group. I might not have seen some of these photos otherwise...

Fade to Black...

Okay, no problemo.

Actually, I think I'm going to try and find this ish of LIFE at a local dealer, but do you at least have your original, raw (and hopefully larger) images of the P-40 and the P-43 handy? I might be able to make do with those, in case I can't find my own copy of this rag.

Either way, thanks for posting this particular group. I might not have seen some of these photos otherwise...

Fade to Black...

Black wolf, if your local dealer does not have it try your local university library,the universities around me have all them binded together in years I have taken my digital camera with me and used it at the libray on other peroidicals

Other fun mags to look through are popular science and national geographic

craig_pickrall
Okay, no problemo.

Fade to Black...

I delete the original off the camera after I get my edited version. That is edited to low res also. If you can't find a copy of the mag then let me know and I can take more pics for you. I can send them just as they come from the camera and you can edit them as you need them. I didn't think the camera pieces were going to do what you wanted.

Dustin mentioned in his post about other magazines. If you are interested in National Geographic then the complete set is available on CD at a reasonable price. These are complete mags including all ads etc. You can print any page but you can not lift pics from the CD. At least I couldn't. There may be some software available now to allow that too.

If you can't find a copy of the mag then let me know and I can take more pics for you. I can send them just as they come from the camera and you can edit them as you need them.

Groovy... hopefully I can find it this weekend. If not I'll give a hollar.

If you are interested in National Geographic then the complete set is available on CD at a reasonable price. These are complete mags including all ads etc. You can print any page but you can not lift pics from the CD. At least I couldn't. There may be some software available now to allow that too.

Yeah, I've seen that set available here and there and it's on my wishlist. Thirty CDs for $50, that's quite a deal...

Fade to Black...