(very) small diorama in Bastogne

Bastognard

Hello,

I do not post a lot on this forum but I would like to share with you this small diorama I made for a restaurant in Bastogne for the 70th anniversary of the battle of the bulge.

As you can see, I am a armored/tank destroyer items collector.

img_0027.jpg

img_0028.jpg

img_0030.jpgimg_0031.jpg

Regards,

Pierre

Very nice display. They look cold and aware that a rough battle is coming. I hope that someday I'll get to visit that area.

Regards,

Frank

Thank you for honoring the memories of our soldiers who fought in Belgium. It is fitting that you show them enjoying a "Delicious" meal of K-Rats in your restaurant. I too would love to know the name of the restaurant and hope to enjoy a meal there on my next visit!

Thank you!

respectingthesacrifice

very well done, very realistic. You can feel the cold... I wish I could go to Bastogne more often, it is a nice area with nice people.

Eric

I am curious to how people react to it as they walk by. Does the town usually do activities like this to acknowledge what happened years ago?

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.

The name of the restaurant is "Complètement toqué". It is on the main place of the town.

It is the first time that the town organize this kind of activity.

I will see next week end if there is other tings to see in other restaurants and shops and will take somme pictures.

Regards,

Pierre

Johan Willaert

Thanks Pierre,

It isn't uncommon to see some artifacts and/or Bulge related displays in the shop windows of Bastogne's main street each December... However nothing of the quality seen in your display...

Will surely go and have a look at it when I'm in Bastogne next week...

Johan