Snoopy at war

itshistory

Thanks for the additional posts Randy. I like that 1000 Mission patch, and the 41st TRS was definitely a short lived designation.

One of my personal favorites, Snoopy in tiger stripe. This is a huge hand embroidered patch almost 17" tall.

DSC04976.JPG

DSC04977.JPG

USAF pilot training class patches always featured the dog in a large way. Here's 3 examples from 1967, 1980 and 1987.

Randy

67-d.jpg

80-04.jpg

87-06 1.jpg

And a few more training related. 1968 is from a navigator training class, 1992 was pilot training, and the last is Good Grief Flight from the 96th Flying Training Sq.

Randy

68-14.jpg

92-07 2.jpg

96fts good grief flt.jpg

Hey Randy, on your 87-06 patch is there any printing around the outer edge? Here is the one I have and around the outer edge printed very faintly is the copyright emblem and @1958 UNITED FEATURES SYNDICATE. When I first got this I though it was dirty and was going to try and clean it up but the closer I looked I realized it was lettering stamped or printed. Here is a another class patch too, but I haven't been able to ID though.

IMG_20210103_0001.jpg

easterneagle87

Here is my contribution. This is a patch I posted earlier in the year. Patch was offered in a group and the vet served in Thailand. I got screwed out of it when she didn't send it with my purchase. Water under the bridge at this point, BUT .... If you ever see it pop up in the Savanah, GA area - I'd like a shot at it. Still pi$$es me off.    

media0 (6) - Copy.png

21 hours ago, Siamundo said:

Hey Randy, on your 87-06 patch is there any printing around the outer edge? Here is the one I have and around the outer edge printed very faintly is the copyright emblem and @1958 UNITED FEATURES SYNDICATE. When I first got this I though it was dirty and was going to try and clean it up but the closer I looked I realized it was lettering stamped or printed. Here is a another class patch too, but I haven't been able to ID though.

IMG_20210103_0001.jpg

I held mine up to a light, nothing there or ever was there. I wonder if at some point they had not asked permission to use a copywritten design and had to stamp them to keep them? Most times if you asked and were military they let you use them freely, but you had to ask first. Just a thought. Never saw the 68C before, that one would require some research. I'm more into the fighter/Tac Recon stuff. A lot of these I posted are out of my trade bag, some long gone.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

A few more, relatively current. The Red Baron 93 patch was from the 480 FS at Spangdahlem, Germany, on deployment to Sardinia, Italy. The 552 AWAC Wing was used during Desert Shield in 1990. 26 is the 26 Cadet Sq. from the USAF Academy, a design still in use today.

Randy

480fs rb93.jpg

552awacwg ds.jpg

26cs.jpg

On 1/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, The Rooster said:

Snoopy_Ace_of_Aces_aenxzh.jpg

Late to the party but I think Charles Schultz would get a kick out of this, I know I do, I was around the first time Snoopy climbed aboard his Sopwith Camel. Good stuff 

• 5 months later...

I just saw another Tactical Air Support Squadron patch on eBay with a snoopy in the design.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Salvage Sailor

USS BENNINGTON (CVS-20) Three war Essex class in service 1944 to 1970

576919902_CVA20CVS20USSBENNINGTON1965VIETNAMCRUISE004.jpg.4eb35e729d5e1b724e064b810ebac082.jpg

MEDICAL DEPARTMENT USS BENNINGTON (CVS-20) - Vietnam War Cruise

CVS 20 USS BENNINGTON Medical Department Snoopy 001.jpg

CVS 20 USS BENNINGTON Medical Department Snoopy 002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
easterneagle87

Local auction is posting this large snoopy embroidery. TOO big for a patch, Is it to a party suite?  "Bird Dog?" referring to flying FAC's? 

Beckett Snoopy.jpg

Snoopy patch for the USAF E-3 Sentry aircraft I had picked up at a local antique street fair / flea market

IMG_3418 (2).JPG

• 4 months later...
Salvage Sailor

USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (SSBN-602) Cold War "Boomer" 5"h x 7"w

Snoopy & Charlie Brown A-DIV (i.e. Auxiliaries Division, Engineering)

1864895590_602SSBN602USSABRAHAMLINCOLNADIVSnoopyandCharlieBrown001.jpg.f5300e9fa1a1c546a80cad7aa073e69f.jpg

1844985993_602SSBN602USSABRAHAMLINCOLNADIVSnoopyandCharlieBrown002.jpg.b6fd4532c3cc4c64564ffbc212127809.jpg

easterneagle87

Checking to make sure I wasn't going to buy a "duplicate" for my collection (not like that has happened .. nod , nod , wink , wink) and saw this so I'm adding this to the thread.  

Snoopy Evac DStorm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here you go, Snoopy on the MG shield of a M113, unit is of the 25th Inf Div, either the 2/4th Cav or one of the division's Mech Infantry Battalions, circa mid late 1968.

vietnamwarslang-copy.jpg

I have this BILK FAC patch which was 20th TASS supporting the 101st Abn Division's various brigades.  My father actually lived next to the hooch where some of these guys lived at Camp Eagle, RVN 69-70 supporting the 1st Bde.  My father flew with HHC 1st Bde and befriended one of the pilots where they traded rides.  He took the AF FAC up in a OH-6A on a mission with the minigun and the FAC took my father up in a O-2A and shot some Willie Pete rockets to mark a target.  My father's notepad from in country still has the UHF freq for BILK.

20th TASS O2A a.jpg

• 2 months later...