Any ideas what this is?

Mr.Jerry

I was contacted by a lady that has this from her fathers estate. She said he always called it a "Army gun rack" but I don't see how that could work. Any ideas what it actually may be?

thanks!

Jerry

Army 1.JPG

Army 2.JPG

looks a little flimsy for a casket stand

I agree. I was just commenting that at first glance it reminded me of one. Without knowing how big it is it could be for almost anything. It had a canvas top on it, but I'm not sure it was a wash basin. It seems a little shallow, but that may be the angle.

Thanks!

Those were the two thoughts I had too!

Not really sure how big it is, and whatever it is, I am not interested in buying it from the lady, but I just wanted to figure out what it is!

It is very similar to a Camp Bed my father was given by a fellow Doctor who was in the British Services. The metal tabs lock into metal loops fixed to the sectional wooden sides of the canvas top. I no longer have the legs or the canvas base, but have the canvas wool/worsted lined bed cover.

Though our camp bed is British the design was international. attached pic of page from 1939/40 Army & Navy Stores Catalogue.

post-13573-0-55999100-1417300083.jpg

post-13573-0-34781300-1417300218.jpg

sorry pic got added twice, web page wouldn't let me remove it.

I have just noticed that it has a double base. Could it be a double camp bed, though I have never seen one.