Aircraft instrument panel screws/nuts - where to buy?

glenm

Hi all - does anyone know where to source the typical instrument-fitting-to-instrument-panel screws/bolts for USAAF WWII aircraft instruments?

I seem to be unable to find such things on an internet search...!

Cheers,

Glen.

• 1 month later...

Aircraft Spruce is a great place to get these. Search for "instrument screws". They have lots of other instrument mounting supplies.

Cheers guys!

One more question - what length(s) am I looking for? They're for the fairly typical instruments to fit to a CG-4A panel. And do they need nuts on them too, or is the screwing into the instruments from the other side of the panel all that happens?

• 1 year later...
Glider-borne

Cheers guys!

One more question - what length(s) am I looking for? They're for the fairly typical instruments to fit to a CG-4A panel. And do they need nuts on them too, or is the screwing into the instruments from the other side of the panel all that happens?

Hello,

PB286783-1r.JPG

About the nuts, it depend of the instrument (and manufacturer). I make several copy of panel and some instruments have nuts, other no.

For the bolts, it is exactly (based on the original) this one for the CG-4A instrument panel ( but smaller for the switches)

post-132741-0-24538600-1465808368.jpg

I share the "blueprint" of the panel, in our page (in metric sorry)

post-132741-0-57356200-1465808770.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Gliderborne/photos/a.1438018996414947.1073741841.1407639216119592/1438018999748280/?type=3&theater

Mat / Glb

Thanks for the info and pics - I bought some 6/32's a little while ago, but still had a fitting problem. Everything is in storage right now - will dig it out and recheck and let you know what was wrong.

Cheers,

Glen.

Glider-borne

So nice ! :love:

I have just one, I know a other one in poor condition but "unsellable" for the moment and I had missed one for $100 in 2014.

post-132741-0-39075500-1430312727.jpg

Could you share more pics of the upper part of the control column (who is missing in mine) ?

Mat

Glider-borne

I bought some 6/32's a little while ago, but still had a fitting problem.

Is the nuts who are missing ?

Some instruments, like altimeter, are a little more long than 3/4.

Will take some more pics for you, Mat, no problem.

I'll dig out my panel and instruments and try and remember what was going wrong.... :)