2 Tanker helmets from my collection

sjw83071

Nice tanker helmets, I might try get an m38 in a year or so when I make a tanker display :)

I have a set of tanker coveralls but not the tanker jacket. Still- the helmet with the coveralls, a 5-button sweater, wool shirt, and pistol belt with FA pouch, .45 pouch and holster makes a great display. :)

Very nice Rawlings helmets Sandy, those are starting to get a bit pricey again.

Larry

Thanks for the comment, Larry.

Sandy

I always enjoy seeing tanker stuff! Nice helmets! It would be cool to see more pics of your tanker set up.

Frank

Thank you Frank! I hope to "dig out" some of my stuff that is in storage over the weekend, so maybe I can get some more photos up.

Nice helmets...really great shape. Now you maybe need to work at adding some comms gear and goggles etc., to breathe some life into them!

post-8022-0-00157200-1417076499.jpg

Nice helmets...really great shape. Now you maybe need to work at adding some comms gear and goggles etc., to breathe some life into them!

Great idea. Can you refresh my memory on the type of goggles and comm gear used by tank crews?

Sandy

You'll need a pair of R-14 receivers plus the appropriate "Y" loom...getting harder to find and therefore relatively expensive, though What Price Glory do a repro set I believe? Goggles could be Resistals...rather scarce and expensive....Polaroid multi-purpose goggles (grey sponge frames, interchangeable lenses)....or M-1944 goggles, as seen here. Then, voice comms would be via the T-30 throat-mic. If you go see the movie "Fury", you'll see that all of the crew-members wear this stuff.

Sabrejet, I am actually further along than I was thinking. Here is my T30 throat mic. Cool thing about this is I bought unopened and still sealed.

post-154098-0-69440100-1417126552.jpg

And I purchased these sometime back when they were current issue (may still be.) They look like the M-1944 goggles best I can tell-

post-154098-0-15032900-1417126762.jpg

The basic design was issued well into the 80s and beyond...known as Sun-Wind-Dust goggles. The main difference with the modern ones is a sponge face cushion and a slightly different strap.

Yes indeed...though your throat mic appears to be missing its elastic neck-strap...unless it's out of sight within the packaging?

The basic design was issued well into the 80s and beyond...known as Sun-Wind-Dust goggles. The main difference with the modern ones is a sponge face cushion and a slightly different strap.

Cool how the basic design has been serviceable for so many years. Are the Polaroids WW2 correct?

Sandy