Imjin Scouts......What Do I Have?

History Man

Found this earlier today and thought I would get some opinions on it. It has "Imjin Scouts" across the top, looks to be Korea split in a blue and red half, a white arrow with an Indian head on it. The crest is in the shape of the 2nd Div. patch, it is enameled, and appears to be a local-made piece. It is also clutch-back.

Has anyone seen one of these before?

Philip

post-25965-0-51786200-1416777125.jpg

post-25965-0-85362900-1416777131.jpg

Often times I see these as a pocket hanger. This example may just have been pinned directly to the pocket. If you're wondering if it's original, it is.

• 6 years later...

Came across this old thread.  I have both the crest and the pocket hanger.  Have always been wondering who wore them and when.  The crest is Seoul Korea marked, and so are the plastic clutches. 

Imjin Scouts.jpg

IMJIN SCOUTS badge similar to cloth patch. Cloth patch originally awarded to graduates of 2nd ID Advanced Cbt Trng Acad beginning Dec 1965. Later, a substitute for CIB based on patrols along the DMZ. Award  discontinued Feb 91.  Article in OD 2033 Trading Post has more info. 

I cannot speak to the ROK badge.  

IMJINSCOUTS.jpg

4 hours ago, BILL THE PATCH said:

emoji2960.pngtrying not chuckle,

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

ha ha see your point, while I am many things, being prescient is not one of them, Should be 2003. 

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Very interesting thank you for the information and the link!

Any idea on the pocket hanger?

Perhaps the Fob is a ROK Item, unit so far unknown, as it has the Ying Yang on it, maybe worn by both the ROKs and say any U.S. personnel attached to it whatever unit it might be.

The pocket hanger was worn by members of US Forces Korea (USFK) and the Combined Forces Command (CFC). I still have mine from my time on the CFC/USFK staff from 2004-2006. They’ve adopted a should patch since then.

• 2 months later...
Chaplain Rachel

My brother was part of the imjin scouts on the DMZ.  I have a patch and would like to see if I can find him a challenge coin for it.  Anyone know if there is one?